Kitchenaid Mixer Purchase

Thewalker
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased 2 kitchen aid mixers and received 2 envelopes of containing childrens stickers. I know I googled where others had filed clams with paypal for same scam but cannot pull them up again. Can anyone else share their experience with me? There are several articles on the internet regarding this scam I an really confused how PayPal is not more proactive on this? ANYONE?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Blues2020
Contributor
Contributor

Blues2020
Contributor
Contributor

AND PAYPAL DOES NOTHING..............

Login to Me Too

Thewalker
Contributor
Contributor
Blues2020, I am not understanding your reply?
Login to Me Too

Blues2020
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same happen to me, I provided Paypal with the same photos of what I paid for and what I received but they will do nothing because the seller provided them with a tracking number.

I have contacted my credit card company to dispute this transaction, contact Facebook Marketplace, where the ad was posted and the BBB.

And yes, I am **bleep**......

Login to Me Too

Thewalker
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply. They initially sent me a message closing my claims but when I explained what the package consisted of they reopened under the claim of the item received was significantly different and no where near what I paid in value. This has been going on for years, when I joined PayPal personally and for our Non-profit there was and still is somuch scrutiny. I guess I just don't have the brain of criminals.
Login to Me Too

Patrennebeck
Contributor
Contributor
I as well got caught up in this identical scam that was on Facebook. I received the same little whistle. My card company or PayPal will not do anything. The card company is asking for a invoice. How do you get a invoice when it’s a scam. Very frustrating to deal with this situation. Any advice would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Berlinsmith
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had the same thing happen. Purchased a Kitchenaid on a website, but did not receive my item. I started a claim but PayPal closed it because the "seller" provided tracking that indicated that the item was delivered. It wasn't. I have tried contacting the company and nothing. How can PayPal keep allowing this to happen. I will not be using PayPal any longer unless forced to. There are many other money transaction companies out there. 

Login to Me Too

Thewalker
Contributor
Contributor
My bank helped me out not PayPal. The seller did send me something, an envelope with children's stickers. I had photos and proof yet Pay.Pal did nothing.
Login to Me Too

Berlinsmith
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I will contact my bank today. It's unfortunate because I will probably have to cancel my bank card and all that. I really expected more from PayPal than this. I will be using alternate means of payment from her on out. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.