Kinguin Digital Limited Scam - Denied Refund

MariaDd
Contributor
Contributor

So my account got hacked and they made an unauthorized transaction for a site called Kinguin Digital Limited I opened a dispute as soon as I saw the transaction but paypal denied my request saying it was not unauthorized. I have removed my card from my account and I don't plan on using it again because I feel so unsafe. They say that they protect their clients but that is so untrue.

I'm still trying to contact them but it seems quite hard does anyone have any advice?

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

Lucky_lucas
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the exact same issue, £29.99 has been taken from my account when I try to cancel the page just hangs!

Login to Me Too

barkaF

I had the same problem. My Paypal account has been hacked a month ago, my phone number has been changed. I managed with the friendly support of Paypal to recover it and the payment has been returned. 

But Kinguin continues to blackmail me. 

Here is the message I received today:

Please be advised that the purchase was made using your correct details, no discrepancy was found within location and the transaction was initially completed through PayPal. As a result, the e-goods have been already sent and delivered to your Inventory.

Since the provided products have reached you and you were the digital entity making the purchase - you are responsible for the coverage. Please pursue your rights with the person that managed to access your account, we have done you no wrong but you are depriving our suppliers of their rightfully due revenue. We strongly encourage you to change your PayPal and e-mail passwords.

In this case, we will have no other choice but to provide PayPal, the bank and any other entities of your activity taking place here. This will result in a fraudulent history being associated with your data and create issues when, for instance, trying to get any loans from a bank in the future. We would prefer to avoid that and let you cover for your expense made at our store.

We kindly ask you to return the reversed value to "there was an email"  and provide us with the transaction ID so we can locate the payment in our system. If you refuse to cover the expense of this transaction, we will be forced to take legal steps in this case..

What can I do? Let it be?

Login to Me Too

rvgabriel
Contributor
Contributor

They told me the same things. wtf.

What happened in your case? Since it's been a while?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MariaDd 

@Lucky_lucas 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nadineMM
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe someone doesn't know how to make the right settings, does that mean that anyone can withdraw as much as they want from their Debit Card without their knowledge, where is PayPal's protection in such cases?

Login to Me Too

AiGlitchy
Contributor
Contributor

They have none, PayPal is a website notorious for scammers. They always side with the scammer.

Login to Me Too

nadineMM
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem! My account got hacked and they made 2 unauthorized transactions for 47,38 EUR and 32,44 EUR.

I did not make any purchase from "Kinguin Digital Limited" NEVER. I am currently in in a lock-down here, I live alone at my home and no one uses my computer or my Debit card, except me! I make a "Report for unauthorized transaction" and I received the following answer from Paypal:  "We received the claim(s) you filed on 26 January 2021. We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your claim(s). This decision was made because this transaction was not unauthorized. We're sorry for any problems you may have experienced with the transaction(s)."

I am shocked by this answer!  Please, someone to tell me how I can get some justice and what should I do after Paypal refuses to refund me! 

Login to Me Too

meia
Contributor
Contributor

i got charged to, I am so sad. A hacker used fake dynamic ip created an account at kinguin on 24.05.21 and deleted the email from my outlook so that I am unawared of it because the email goes into trash bin, and he purchases a game cd key on 28.05.2021. i called paypal germany but they closed the case after 6 hours and said there is no unauthorized log in. the service is worst than amazon. because the hacker stoled my personal info and email...

Login to Me Too

Cescob1918
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue In Date 07/02/2021

I had the same problem and the refund was not authorized. I don't understand why
1: it has not been refunded, but how I hope will be clarified with a call to customer service
2: why measures are not taken against this kind of scam.
I only noticed it because I received an email from my bank, otherwise it would have been big trouble.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.