Keidson Scam

Kelrey
Contributor
Contributor

I’m another person scammed by them and reporting. Over 3 months no product then received completely wrong product and won’t refund. Still awaiting PayPal to complete dispute. Why don’t they ban this company, this community has loads of complaints about keidson. Well don’t to PayPal for suppporting fraud.

Login to Me Too
201 REPLIES 201

Its_Marsh
Contributor
Contributor
I too have had problems with this company and PayPal has been jerking me around for 2 months! They keep changing the resolution date, pushing it back further and further. I have email exchanges with the company where they admit the product they sent me was not correct and they would not be replacing it so I don't know how this isn't an open and shut case for PayPal. I've even agreed to return the worthless product they sent me but they need to pay for shipping since it's their "mistake". The company are clearly scamming people and I don't know why PayPal is making it's customers suffer for it!
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Yup another scam victim. I told PayPal that this was a scam and sent pictures and the fact that the website had suddenly disappeared.  The resolution center dragged on for weeks waiting for a reply from Keidson. The finally told me to return the item for a full refund. Canada Post gave me a price of $57.80 CND to ship to China with tracking or $69.65 CND with Express post Since the scam item cost me $69.98 It"s a lose, lose situation. So I guess my Irish luck did not help this time. I'm a mystery novelist (Writing under Michael Kent) with 1000+ followers I will certainly post on social media. Story to follow. Thanks a lot PayPal for your guarantee. 

MK

Login to Me Too

phands
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal support are not being at all responsive.  They insist I pay to return junk to China.  That means I'm only getting a partial refund, which is unacceptable. 

I've posted this situation to PayPal and PayPal support on Twitter.  Maybe some bad publicity will make them act.

If I don't get a full refund, I'm going public on Instagram too, and deleting my PayPal account, and advising everyone i know to do the same.

Login to Me Too

BeejATX
Contributor
Contributor

Call and ask for the FRAUD group - ask for the call back if need be.  Politely insist you have done everything and you've been frauded by this company - ask them whether you can file with the FBI, etc.  THAT is how I won.

Login to Me Too

BeejATX
Contributor
Contributor

Call and ask for the FRAUD group - ask for the call back if need be. Politely insist you have done everything and you've been frauded by this company - ask them whether you can file with the FBI, etc. (not sure what you can do in Canada...but ASK!) THAT is how I won.

Login to Me Too

BeejATX
Contributor
Contributor

Security Awareness Advisory:

FBI Online Scam PSA

To: All Staff

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has released a public service announcement (PSA) regarding the continued rise in online shopping scams. Increasing numbers of victims are being directed to fraudulent websites via social media platforms and popular online search engines.

The full PSA can be viewed here: ic3.gov/media/2020/200803.aspx   

Methods

According to complaints received by the FBI, an increasing number of victims have not received items they purchased from websites offering low prices on items such as gym equipment, small appliances, tools and furniture.

Victims reported they were led to these websites via ads on social media platforms or while searching for specific items on online search engines’ shopping pages. Victims purchased items from these websites because prices were consistently lower than those offered by other online retail stores.

Some victims who complained to the vendor about their shipments were offered partial reimbursement and told to keep their items as compensation. Others were told to return the items to China to be reimbursed, resulting in high postage fees. All attempts made by the victims to be fully reimbursed, or receive the actual items ordered, were unsuccessful.

Indicators

Reported indicators of the fake websites included the following:

• Used .club and .top. instead of .com
  • Offered merchandise at significantly discounted prices
  • Used content copied from legitimate sites and often shared the same contact information
  • Advertised on social media

Tips to Avoid Being Scammed

• Do your homework on the retailer to ensure they’re legitimate.
  • Conduct a business inquiry of the online retailer on the Better Business Bureau’s website at bbb.org.
  • Check other websites regarding the company for reviews and complaints.
  • Check the contact details of the website, specifically the address, email and phone number, to confirm whether the retailer is legitimate.
  • Be wary of online retailers offering goods at significantly discounted prices.
  • Be wary of online retailers who use a free email service instead of a company email address.
  • Don’t judge a company by their website. Flashy websites can be set up and taken down quickly.

If you believe you are the victim of an internet scam or cybercrime, or if you want to report suspicious activity, visit the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov.

As always, HHS team members should remain alert and cautious. You should read and observe <removed> on the Texas Department of Information Resources website. 

Only visit official websites and report suspicious communications, especially those requesting personal information, to the HHS IT Help Desk a[Removed. Phone #s not permitted](toll-free) o[Removed. Phone #s not permitted](if you’re in the Austin area).

If you are unable to access the HHS Connection, visit the new <removed>

Login to Me Too

donm1962
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same exact thing to me. Sat on it for months and then today told me to ship it back to China and sent them the tracking number by 10/10. Ridiculous. From now on I will only use PayPal for eBay purchases.
Login to Me Too

hdailey951
Contributor
Contributor

Open dispute...Finally offered full refund upon return shipment.  Item shipped from Rosemead, California to me in Southern California...but they are requesting return to CHINA!!!!!  Why is PayPal allowing this BS?

The cheapest amount for the box is over $50

For a product worth pennies

They are a scam!

Login to Me Too

AdriankAshton
Contributor
Contributor

Scam! and PayPal don't care and still allow them to operate!

Standard response when you email the supplier

Dear customer,

Sorry, according to your email and name, we haven't found your order record. Please confirm whether you bought the product in our store, or if you have mistaken your email.

If there are no problems, Please provide the full name of the recipient or the email or order id of the recipient to facilitate our order inquiry

Hope to hear from you again

Have a nice day.
Best regards!
CS <removed>
Login to Me Too

Badgerish
Contributor
Contributor

Another Keidson scam victim here

Same story as everyone else, however today Paypal denied my claim, despite my sending the junk keyboard back and providing the evidence

Edit:

I spoke to a paypal customer service rep this morning, she reviewed the review and reversed the decision, issuing a refund to me.
So, lesson learned, I will be hyper vigilant where my online purchasing is concerned from now on...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.