Kayak Scam/Pelican Sports

Common12
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Kayak through a bogus Pelican Sports Co. (via Paypal) and found out it was a scam. I reported it to Paypal as "unauthorized." Paypal denied it. Did I choose the wrong reason for dispute? I have not received it and the tracking number they provided Paypal is bogus. I know several other people that had the same experience with this scam. Please refund my money.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

TickedOkie
New Community Member
I’ll have to call again, because I made the same claim and claimed again and I was denied my money back, again.
Login to Me Too

BOLI12
Contributor
Contributor

On Sept. 11, 2021, I purchased a paddleboard only to find out it was a scam. I called Paypal on Sept 13 and spoke to CRS, and explained that I had purchased an item through a scam site. CRS reviewed the case I filed on September 13, 2021, and has decided in my favor to get my refund back. I hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Econoboater
How do you call someone at PayPal? Is there an actual phone number for them?
Login to Me Too

Econoboater
How do you call someone at PayPal? Is there an actual phone number for them? Wow! Found the PayPal phone number and called. Got Rachel as a customer service person. Told her my story. She called FedEx to verify shipping. Says it was all bogus. I am getting my money back. Yippee! Hurray for PayPal!
Login to Me Too

Econoboater
PayPal Customer Service phone number [Removed. Phone #s not permitted] This is the one that I used.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.