Kanhug Anoraks

WayneH1960
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a wool anorak from Kanhug.com , and now I have a bad feeling it might be a scam and I may be out $64. Has anyone out there had any experience with Kanhug?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

SDn8733
New Community Member
There are several companies on Facebook owned by the same Chinese person. I purchased two of these anoraks believing they would be heavyweight waterproof oversized wool anoraks with the “expedited” shipping for an additional $14.00. Nothing expedited about the shipping. Anoraks received are marked as being a size 3XL but named too small for me to put on. They are a dry clean only brushed polyester/cotton blend (65% polyester/35% cotton) that is neither heavyweight or waterproof. PayPal was contacted and we still have two days left before they reach some sort of decision about this purchase. Some people received nothing at all from this company. I am pretty sure the size tags were added after the purchase. I have two useless anoraks that I have a rough time getting over my head and past my shoulders. I am 6’3” and 230 lbs and a 3XL does not fit.
Login to Me Too

ElJimbo
Contributor
Contributor

Rip off, scam company.  They depict authentic Boreal Mountain anoraks in the ad, but their “product” bears no resemblance.  Cheap, thin wool blanket sewed to look somewhat like the real thing.  Does not appear to meet any size standard.  This is a total bait and switch.  Stay away.

Login to Me Too

PietrVoort
New Community Member

I came here to say I fell for the same ad. on Facebook. I clicked on the link and ordered it. They advertised a heavy wool, high quality anorak but what arrived was a fleecy type polyester and 35% wool like what was described by another member. Its rubbish.  I will not buy from a sponsored link on Facebook again.

Login to Me Too

DaveB5
New Community Member

I had same problem that the others have stated. Took forever to get here (39 days). Not at all what it is advertised to be. Too small.  Not made of wool but rather a cotton / poly blend. They are stealing photo/video from Boreal Mountain Anoraks out of Quebec which make the real Anorak. Kanhug is a total ripoff. No more Facebook marketplace for me.

Login to Me Too

ElJimbo
Contributor
Contributor

As mentioned previously, Kanhug is fraudulently advertising another company’s product and delivering a cheap, missized knock off that does not even have the features advertised int he write up.  They are using Boreal Mountain images stolen from their website.  There sizing is grossly overstated.  Couldn’t wear it if I wanted to.  And it is missing features like D-rings in the pockets that it advertises in the write up.  

They did not return my email to their support center, so I went through PayPal.  They responded to PayPal. Kanhug wants me to ship the piece of crap back to China at my expense.  And they gave me an address written in Chinese that the post office and UPS won’t accept.  PayPal will not refund my money.  I am going to stop using paypal and just use my regular credit cards which have protections against fraud.  I am so disappointed with PayPal’s lack of protection from fraud.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.