Just opened a dispute and now I need to close it

Dhiyan
New Community Member

Bought something on depop yesterday, today morning I got an email saying that the user has been banned from depop. Has happened before so i assumed it was a scammer, so filed a dispute. Seller emails me saying he shipped the item and now has proof, (his account was banned for unknown reasons), so now the money has been taken from him, and yet the item is supposedly still being shipped to me. What do i do so that he gets his money back?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Dhiyan,

Thank you for your post! If you have already opened a dispute, I would recommend not closing it until you have received the item and have confirmed that it is exactly as was advertised. If a buyer closes a dispute, it cannot be reopened.

Once the item is received as described, you can go to the Resolution Center and choose the option to close the dispute.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.