Just Opened A No Item Received Case To Get A Refund. Do I Need To Do Anything Else?

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

I went to the Resolution Center, clicked on report a problem, selected the payment that I want a refund in and sent a message to the person. Right now all I see in the Resolution Center is that I have 1 Open Case. It also said Reason: Item Not Received, Status: Open and then in Action if I click on View it shows the message I sent. Do I need to do anything else? What happens if the seller doesn't do anything? Will I still get my refund? I already contacted the guy on Ebay and he told me to start the refund process and I did. I also sent him a message telling him its already started, but this was 2 days ago and he hasn't done anything. This guy is annoying to get a hold of.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RichL09 

ok, then the dispute phase is for you to negotiate / speak to the seller via messages to see if the item is then sent or a refund is processed.

If neither is received then you can escalate the dispute to a claim whenever you want to for paypal to review BUT make sure you do escalate to a claim before it times out at 20 days post opening.

Once escalated then if the seller can't prove with a tracking number that you received an item you should get a refund.

Paypal normally allows the seller 10 days to respond (longer if international sale) and then paypal review/refund within 48 hours of that 10 day deadline.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RichL09 

Did you open an Ebay dispute or did you go straight to Paypal and open a Paypal dispute?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

Couldn't do it on ebay because this is past their time limit. This was a pre order for a game that came out November 8th and i pre ordered it on July 15th.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RichL09 

ok, then the dispute phase is for you to negotiate / speak to the seller via messages to see if the item is then sent or a refund is processed.

If neither is received then you can escalate the dispute to a claim whenever you want to for paypal to review BUT make sure you do escalate to a claim before it times out at 20 days post opening.

Once escalated then if the seller can't prove with a tracking number that you received an item you should get a refund.

Paypal normally allows the seller 10 days to respond (longer if international sale) and then paypal review/refund within 48 hours of that 10 day deadline.

Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

2 Days have pass since he last replied. No replies on the case area too. I also noticed that all of the items he had listed on Ebay all disappeared too. He had a bunch of G.I. Joe stuff listed and they have all been removed. Should I escalate it now? 

Login to Me Too

hazeljeff

yes, escalate it.

Login to Me Too

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

Yup I escalated it 4 days ago and the seller still hasn't replied. The last time he replied was on November 13.

Login to Me Too

RichL09
Contributor
Contributor

Its been 4 days since I escalated and since he last replied. I think the seller was trying to scam me. What is weird is that the seller has so many positive reviews. Only 2 negative and 1 neutral. Also I feel bad for others who have pre ordered from him since I remember another game that doesn't come out until next April that a lot of people pre ordered from him since he was selling it for $10 cheaper. I just hope I get my money back and that Paypal sides with me. That game came out on November 8 which is almost 10 days ago and I never got a tracking number.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210615c
Don't forget! Products and services may differ based on the user's country and PayPal account type. Please post the correct response for the user's situation. To help others search for your topic, you can add tags. You can also choose where to post your topic under Location.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.