Just-Fab uk

johnandmon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

My (not tech savvy pensioner) other half just noticed a 'PayPal' transaction for £35 with 'Just Fab' and had no idea who this is.

Having reviewed her transactions it transpires that this payment has been taken every month since June 2018!

I checked her emails and found 'Just-fab' messages in the junk folder every month dating back to 2018....all with the word 'shoes' as a reference. 

She has never seen the emails nor visited the site since her original purchase of a cheap top (not shoes).

Having searched on here she has clearly and unwittingly fallen for their VIP scheme.

I have switched off the automatic pre-authorised payments for Just-fab.

Is their any recourse for her and the sum of £677? 

(She is a little upset at the moment, although I have explained there are hundreds of others who have fallen foul).

Any advice would be most welcome.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @johnandmon,

I'm sorry to hear that a subscription has been in place for such a long time without the account owner knowing that it was there. Without looking at the specific information in the account, I can provide general information based on the scenario that you have presented.

At the time of the subscription's creation, the terms of that monthly charge would have had to be accepted by the owner of the account. That would mean that any subsequent monthly charges would have been agreed to and would not be unauthorized. To opt-out after that would be to close out the subscription and therefore prevent future charges, the way that you've just done. Charges prior to the cancellation of the subscription would be valid.

I'm very sorry that this has been a bad experience. I hope the information I've provided helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @johnandmon,

I'm sorry to hear that a subscription has been in place for such a long time without the account owner knowing that it was there. Without looking at the specific information in the account, I can provide general information based on the scenario that you have presented.

At the time of the subscription's creation, the terms of that monthly charge would have had to be accepted by the owner of the account. That would mean that any subsequent monthly charges would have been agreed to and would not be unauthorized. To opt-out after that would be to close out the subscription and therefore prevent future charges, the way that you've just done. Charges prior to the cancellation of the subscription would be valid.

I'm very sorry that this has been a bad experience. I hope the information I've provided helps clarify.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

johnandmon
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Olivia
I contacted Just Fab via their live chat facility, earlier today.

Given the feedback and comments on the internet, they were unexpectedly helpful and sympathetic. They surprisingly offered a refund of half the money without question. After further conversation they increased their offer to £455. This leaves £210 in credit on the account to spend, which we accepted.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @johnandmon,

I'm so glad to hear that a compromise was made between you and the merchant! Thank you for letting us know of the resolution.

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.