Junior account

Benjomania365
Contributor
Contributor
I am a 16 year old who recently got a job and has begun to earn my own money. I am looking for a way to make an account as my current one has need temporarily disabled until I can show prof using a bill to my address with my name on it. However the bills that come to my house are in my parents name and I need a way to make an account so that I can safety spend my money online. Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Benjomania365 

Unfortunately, you must be 18 yrs old to operate a PayPal account. Write a letter explaining why you do not have a bill in your name and because you are under age, pdf it and upload to the Resolution Center. They will permanently limit that account and any funds you have in there will be held for 180 days before you can withdrawal.

To use PayPal, your parent or guardian have to open a PayPal account under their name, linking their bank account/credit card to it and you use their account under their supervision. Nothing in the account can be in your name except for shipping address added during the checkout process.

When you are 18, you can speak with PayPal customer service to open a new account under your name again linking your own bank account or credit/debit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Benjomania365 

Unfortunately, you must be 18 yrs old to operate a PayPal account. Write a letter explaining why you do not have a bill in your name and because you are under age, pdf it and upload to the Resolution Center. They will permanently limit that account and any funds you have in there will be held for 180 days before you can withdrawal.

To use PayPal, your parent or guardian have to open a PayPal account under their name, linking their bank account/credit card to it and you use their account under their supervision. Nothing in the account can be in your name except for shipping address added during the checkout process.

When you are 18, you can speak with PayPal customer service to open a new account under your name again linking your own bank account or credit/debit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.