Joyui Co. Ltd

Clarion65
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered from FaceBook advertisement a whirl garden spinner as a gift on March 25th and contacted seller who did not give me any tracking info other than inform me item was shipped . I filed a PayPal dispute that was settled to the seller advantage saying that they provided tracking info and that I received item. I can assure you that I never received item and that I have a door camera that tracks any mail delivered. Why is PayPal siding with seller after these other complaints and why haven’t I received the tracking info from point of sending to my house destination.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Excavator66
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing back in March I ordered a woodpecker windy garden spinner ,Joyui said it's been dispatched and I had to wait due to shipping and covid restrictions,I waited nothing came I opened a dispute and because the seller supplied a tracking number I lost the case.But not letting it lie I took the tracking number to my local post head mailing office they gave me the address that was connected to the number it was about 6 miles from my house and when I visited the people hadn't seen a package.After a phone call to PayPal I had to send the tracking information I had found out to them,they reopened my dispute and after a few days I'm hayti say thank you PayPal I won the card and my money was refunded as I hadn't received my package and the tracking info showed delivery to wrong address.Keep on badgering to get your refunds this company Joyui co ltd are pulling some right scams.!!!!
Login to Me Too

RecipeGeek
New Community Member
I ordered from them & have received constant emails with tracking updates. However, I noticed that they changed the address a bit from the one supplied and registered on my PayPal account. They took out the street number! What I’ve done is our use our local post office as an address. They know me well. Anything that says parcel post on it, as long as it has the right postcode on it, even if the number of the address is removed, parcels will go to my local post office. The other things I noticed on the PayPal invoice emailed to me, was Joyui did not supply their address TO PAYPAL. That is the fault of PayPal. Full credentials of the business should be supplied on the invoice that PayPal sends the customer. The email address does not correspond with the name of the business. They also do not reply to this email address when you try to contact them. I’ve tried and received nothing back. The other thing that I noticed, was on the invoice the products that I ordered were not itemised correctly. They just repeated the exact same wording for each product. I had ordered wooden cookie moulds of various types. There was no indication of which was ordered. Eg. Bee, rose, gingerbread house, bird etc. On the tracking advice, I can only presume that it is a fake one as it says it is coming from the USA, says that it is a Bee cookie mold being delivered. No other description. “Various types of cookie molds” would have been acceptable. I have all the evidence mounting up and if they have send me 6 Bee cookie molds, they have done this to the wrong person. I’m a journalist and a bloody good one at that. I like nothing more than doing investigative journalism and bringing down crooked businesses like this. It has happened to me a few times before, where overseas businesses have sent me a very shoddy product, that is nothing like what I ordered, OR I have been sent a product that I didn’t order at all in the place of the more expensive one. Once I ordered a floor based composting unit for the kitchen. All I received were some little plastic garbage bags. I got my money back after a few threats of ensuring Paypal will deregister them & I would get them blacklisted elsewhere regarding payment options 😈. The tactics are they will offer you 50% back and then tell you that it will cost you more for postage. However if what people are saying is true, about this company being based in China, I will be on their case if they try to **bleep** me over. I have proof that they are fraudulent if this is the case. It could be that the website they direct me to for tracking is a scam as well, particularly as they are saying the products have come from America. I do hope I am proven wrong and that PayPal won’t have something to answer for … A friend tagged me in the facebook advert as she knew I was after these types of cookie molds. This brings up another case. If they prove to be fraudulent, why is Facebook excepting their scam ads? Surely people would be complaining to Facebook about them not complying with community standards, which they are so fond of enforcing?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.