Joom and dealer extreme

deecyde
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys, 

I came back to my home today and I saw that a couple of transactions took place while I was out. (I live on my own , never logged in to Paypal by elsewhere for obvious reasons) 

The sites where joom.it  28.5 us ((transaction showed turkish sentences for an Italian site)  and dx.com , 62.99 Us

Obviously a scam. I saw others on youtube reporting the same thing . 

There may be a case i have been a phishing victim (confirming  details etc) 

I filed a case and Paypal responded me that it was not unauthorised. being suspicious if it happened via fb  i went to cancel auto payments and i found fb there ( that's how it may have happened ) 

Problem is that help centre denied the refund even if it is obvious scam

Any idea  on how I may get my money back ? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deecyde 

Ah hah, so that's how these mysterious transactions that people report in the forums about being unauthorized and then when disputed PayPal would deny the claim on may have occurred. I think you need to call back PayPal and tell them about this vulnerability with facebook and get them to reverse the decision.

Please contact customer service to have fraud dept to investigate:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

deecyde
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your reply sharpiemarker!

That's what I had in mind . I already sent them an email but I will also call them on Monday morning. I think that for the safety of paypal , it shouldn't accept facebook payment authorisations unless if they are confirmed with an email password or something. In fact It all makes sence since facebook itself made me change password due to suspicious activity  (not the same email as paypal of course) 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.