Join Class Action Lawsuit

ubasport
Contributor
Contributor

For those like myself whom have exhausted every possible avenue to resolve a limitation I ask that we unite and start a Class Action Lawsuit. PayPal is just not listening to me or acknowledging any evidence I have provided. They continue to send me e-mails stating I have had a bunch of claims. I HAVE HAD one claim in my entire life. The part that hurts is PayPal affects use of your credit card with other company's. I have been a client of E-Bay for 20 years, over 200 transactions with a 100% feedback. Now I can no longer use E-Bay. I spent hours and hours on the phone with PP customer support only to learn they do not have any power to overturn a limitation, twice I had so called supervisors telling me they would have it overturned. Customer support tell me I did nothing wrong yet can't help. Why does PP guide you to Them ????? 

With large Corporations like PP taking over trade and commerce we the people have to make sure they are just and fair. PayPal has a way's to go in that department. I am 61 years old, I have lived a clean honest life and to be treated like a crook by this company is not what anyone deserves. My one claim was for a fake watch that PP should have thanked me for exposing a real crook rather than make me the victim. 

Please join me in a class action suit to make PP the company we all deserve. If you are a PP employee please do not respond telling me I had a bunch of claims again, look at my account.....ONE CLAIM............Do Your GD work and quit hurting those who supported you.  

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

Hellocorey
Contributor
Contributor

Although my purchases were not thru Ebay.. they came from Facebook which directed me to pay thru paypal..  I have been trying since March to settle my cases .. yes I have 3 they denied although I have plenty of proof Paypals friends the criminals have fraudulently gained tracking numbers that never even belonged to them( the criminals) one tracking number is assigned to Amazon.  So why do I have to sit back and let the criminal take charge .... everyday for over 100 days that's right Everyday I have called at least 7 times and messaged just as much I have NEVER spoke to anyone on the phone well I cant say that I called the merchant line and guess what they answered.. I have spent dozens and dozens of hours to get no where. I will also join in on a class action suit.. I am not a criminal I am a valued customer ..

Login to Me Too

joegold100
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also been in dispute with PayPal over this same scam https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Disputes-and-Limitations/Ordered-items-at-FRAUD-SCAM-WEBSITE-can... . I've provided a ridiculous amount of evidence to PayPal about this scam and PayPal hears me but they are not listening... PayPal Support - " I truly apologize for the delayed response and appreciate your patience while we work through our messages. I'm sorry to hear the order you received wasn't as described and the return shipping costs are expensive. Just like in-store purchases, the items must be returned by the buyer to receive a refund from the seller."  It's not like a ordered a cotton shirt and received a Spandex shirt and wanted to return it for a refund. I ordered a greenhouse and received a paper mask. This is insane. There are hundreds of people on several different community threads reporting this same problem all the way back to January 2020. PayPal was fully aware of what is going on.

Here is they point that  I believe many of you are missing. PayPal is not letting this continue for a few dollars in transaction fees. The reason they don't want to refund the money is because the seller knew exactly how to work the PayPal dispute process which has also been exploited even further because of the Covid crisis. Once the seller provided the tracking number and proved that an item (not they item you ordered) was delivered, PayPal releases the sellers funds.
So, if PayPal was to rule the dispute in our favor they would not be able to recover the funds from the seller, thus it comes out of PayPal's pocket. With hundreds, possibly thousands of buyers scammed, PayPal would have a big loss which they are obviously not willing to take.

The seller also used the US Postal Service to send the "wrong item". It is clear from the amount of people who are listed as having this problem, that his intentions were to commit fraud from the start. I believe using the US Postal Service to aid in mail order fraud is a felony.

Make sure you all file IC3 reports with the FBI as I was instructed to do by PayPal and several other community members. PayPal's automated dispute system doesn't recognize this as fraud until you file. The FBI is not going to take notice and review PayPal's responses and processes unless they get enough of these reports. Here is the link to file: https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I have been with PayPal since 1998 and with over 3,200 transactions in that time period I have never had a dispute filed on me, nor have I ever filed dispute on another seller. I have 3 eBay accounts that use PayPal, and 8 different business that use PayPal as the merchant processor.
If I don't get my money refunded to me, PayPal will lose a lot more than the money with all the merchant fees if I switch all of them to Stripe or Square.

Please do the right thing PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joegold100 

@ubasport 

@Hellocorey 

@soonerbroad 

@yaeerlev 

If you are rich then you can take on paypals lawyers and their legally agreed (in every country) user agreement individually if you like.

But you can't do a class action lawsuit anymore, read the link.

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

klc777
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.classlawgroup.com/paypal/

Found the above after quick search yesterday.  I don't know what the outcome was for the lawsuit filed, but will check into it as soon as time allows this coming week.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

saranda69
Contributor
Contributor
You seem to work for PayPal, buddy.
Login to Me Too

joegold100
Contributor
Contributor

I think it is important to report the positive instead of only just reporting negative. In this case, I followed the instructions of PayPal Support and submitted the IC3 report and other supporting documentation and PayPal ruled in my favor over the weekend. If I calculated the number of hours I spent on this dispute VS. my hourly wage, I lost money but I'm thankful that someone at PayPal manually reviewed my case and made the right decision. 

Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
They’re no interested in fair, or the right thing, because fraud is more profitable.
Login to Me Too

joegold100
Contributor
Contributor

HUGE UPDATE TO THIS THREAD! - PayPal has now changed their return/refund policy to mitigate this scam --

LOL - So, I finally got to the root of why PayPal won't refund our money... A PayPal support rep stated the following: "Regrettably, it is against PayPal's policy for either party to keep its merchandise and the money. " Obviously, these cons have figured out this is a great policy to exploit! The seller knows that there is no way to return any item back to China with accurate tracking for under $36 (and that is for the smallest USPS Priority International Mail. The seller also knows that for PayPal to refund our money the item has to be physically delivered back to the seller. So, as dozens of other have reported, even if you sent the item back, the seller likely gave you a bogus address for the return and the item just gets "lost" and then the seller just claims he never got it and you have no proof it was delivered.

OK PayPal - your policy needs to be fixed. There is clearly a difference between "Item not as described" and "I did not order this item." If I seller makes a mistake and sends you a completely different item than what you ordered, and you can prove it with invoice, and photos, or in these cases, knowingly sent you the incorrect item to commit mail order fraud, it should be the sellers responsibility to provide a return shipping label, not the buyers.

Further, if PayPal is so concerned about someone keeping the money and the item sent to them, I will just send the item back to PayPal and they can keep it or send it back to the seller.

WAIT WAIT - Look what I just found: This is PayPal's new policy going into effect on July 30th: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/upcoming-policies-full .

Amendments to the PayPal Account User Agreement

• For “Significantly Not as Described” claims under our Seller Protection Program, we are clarifying that the item may not be returned to sellers or sellers may be required to accept the returned item and pay for the return shipping costs.

So that tells you right there... that PayPal is aware of this scam and they are changing their policy, which of course doesn't help any of us who have been scammed before  this policy went into effect.

UNREAL!!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@joegold100 

Yep that came out a little while ago BUT it would only apply to transactions made AFTER that policy was put in place which sadly a lot of the posts on these China website threads were from sales before that policy applied.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.