Join Class Action Lawsuit

ubasport
Contributor
Contributor

For those like myself whom have exhausted every possible avenue to resolve a limitation I ask that we unite and start a Class Action Lawsuit. PayPal is just not listening to me or acknowledging any evidence I have provided. They continue to send me e-mails stating I have had a bunch of claims. I HAVE HAD one claim in my entire life. The part that hurts is PayPal affects use of your credit card with other company's. I have been a client of E-Bay for 20 years, over 200 transactions with a 100% feedback. Now I can no longer use E-Bay. I spent hours and hours on the phone with PP customer support only to learn they do not have any power to overturn a limitation, twice I had so called supervisors telling me they would have it overturned. Customer support tell me I did nothing wrong yet can't help. Why does PP guide you to Them ????? 

With large Corporations like PP taking over trade and commerce we the people have to make sure they are just and fair. PayPal has a way's to go in that department. I am 61 years old, I have lived a clean honest life and to be treated like a crook by this company is not what anyone deserves. My one claim was for a fake watch that PP should have thanked me for exposing a real crook rather than make me the victim. 

Please join me in a class action suit to make PP the company we all deserve. If you are a PP employee please do not respond telling me I had a bunch of claims again, look at my account.....ONE CLAIM............Do Your GD work and quit hurting those who supported you.  

Login to Me Too
98 REPLIES 98

spidergirl
Contributor
Contributor
I would like to join the class action
Login to Me Too

cfienecurfs
New Community Member

They  state in their rules that we cannot do a class action suit, but what they are doing is harming the credit of their customers by their inaccurate and 4 month delayed accounting system. I had a fraudulent charge which I reported. The merchant that made the charge refunded the money. In the meantime the fraud department at Synchrony Bank  had closed the case in my favor so PayPal is trying to make me pay them the fraudulent charge of $997. It makes no sense. I have invested over 10 hours of my time trying to resolve this. I have 3wayed synchrony bank on the phone and 3 different people explained to PayPal that I should not be charged this amount. The fraud dept said because so much time has elapsed they cannot reverse their decision and PayPal needs to correct it on their end. Pay Pal says Synchrony needs to reverse fraud claim to resolve. In the meantime I am being sent to collections for $997 that was never paid to anyone on my behalf. This is crazy.

Login to Me Too

SeethRansom
I'm in. I've never been so angry at them. I use PP for purchase protection. I had no idea they would allow this.
Login to Me Too

ReubenMcGhee
New Community Member
How do we join a lawsuit?
Login to Me Too

BigGrunt
Contributor
Contributor
I want to join a class action suit against PayPal. They are protecting Chinese scam companies by facilitating fraud via wire transfer of funds for fake merchandise with prior knowledge. That prior knowledge makes them an accessory to the fraud.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
I agree ! Somewhere after 200-300 complaints they should have stopped this fraud. I let you know how they respond to my last claim😡
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
If we can get one going, be sure and throw Facebook in it, also. They are allowing these fake companies to advertise on Facebook!
Login to Me Too

Hellocorey
Contributor
Contributor

I could not agree more.. Facebook is where plenty of the ads come from. That's how I was sent to PayPal to purchase a product advertised on Facebook.

Login to Me Too

Gretagogo1
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed. I have been burned same way. I am really tired off these companies ripping off the people using there services.
Login to Me Too

soonerbroad
Contributor
Contributor
I’ll throw this out from another victim in Oklahoma: Well, after researching the history of Paypal and these types of scams, it is fairly clear that Paypal is not only making money of these type of scams, but most likely are actually running these scams and using these bougas companies as front to mast their involvement. If you look at Paypals Buy Protection and refund policies, alone with their Seller Protection and the fees associated with using PayPal as a seller, you can clearly see how Paypal is using this and other scams as a revenue generating vehicle that is bilting untold millions from their customers that their online commerce business is setup to protect.    Ebay and  Paypal are own by the same company, and has the identical "Buyer/Seller Protection Policies. With Amazon, AliExpress cutting into Ebay's business  while Apple Pay, Google Pay, Square and other smashing Paypal's business it looks that both companies are turning to fronting "scams" as a business model to generate  part of their companies revenue. As the very same "scams" are becoming common on Ebay. I've have bought stuff from Ebay for 15+ years and not 1 single time had I ever bought that was a scam. That was until Dec. That’s when you’ll notice numerous ads for the same product from different companies all at once.   All these "scams" seem to have a few things in common that once you know what to look for makes them fairly easy to spot. (Until they change things up). 1st. is the item for sell is will be under $50 US. This price will be a "good deal" and the normal price of the same item would be double if not more. 2nd is the Company/website contact information is only a email address. No customer service number. And no company address listed. 3rd. Free shipping  which just make the deal look that much better. 4th. You will not receive an email with any tracking information useable. Their tracking will consist of saying “in process” or “ in transit” with no change for months. Then if that item arrives,it will not be anything close to what you order and is worthless. All these work into PayPal/Ebay business model on how to make money upfront and on the backside off scams they front. With the item cost below $50 they have figured out that large percentage of the customers who get scammed will decided it's not worth the hassle after reading all the hopps you have to go though to get a refund using their Buy Protection.  So say if that's 70%  of the people that got scammed, their money lost is free money to PayPal /Ebay who front these scams. So the other 30% who open a case to try to get a refund, the first reply from Paypal/Ebay will be to offer you 50% and you don't have to shipped the junk item you received back.  Again whatever percentage accepts that is giving PayPal/Ebay free money as they only have to refund half of the money that they scammed you out of in the first place. And to the rest who refuse the 60% refund will now be offer a 100% refund only after you return the item to some place in China and you must pay for the shipping . Once you provide a tracking number (something you never got from seller) You money will be refunded in 5-30 business days. But here's the catch. They shipping will be $35-$45 to return a item that you paid under $50 dollars for. So PayPal?Ebay are counting on you refusing to paid to ship the item back. Once you do that, they will close the case and will not issue a refund. At this point its' straight 100% profit for them and never spend a dime to make untold millions......   
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.