Jingkun case denied, invalid proof of return

Phaaz0n
New Community Member

Reading through other cases it appears I'm not alone in this issue.

Having ordered something through a website I didn't fully verify, I was sent an item that was entirely different from the original order, and worth perhaps 10% of what I paid. The order was incorrect, the wrong quantity sent etc. On investigating, the product they were advertising is currently only on Kickstarter and not even in full production yet. 

Showing all this information to PayPal, they said I had to return it to China within a week and at my own cost, or the case would be closed. Rushed for time as local posting offices had reduced hours, I couldn't get a translated address from the seller who repeatedly asked me to close the case with PayPal to discuss in private. So I printed the address on a piece of paper, exactly as it was given to me and taped it to the returns envelope and posted it. The person working at the posting office couldn't type in the Chinese characters for a proof of posting, but typed in everything they could so that I had something.

PayPal have come back and said "The case was closed in the seller's favour as the proof of return you provided was invalid." even after I uploaded both receipts showing that the package was in fact posted.

Unbelievable customer support, after waiting almost 3 months for a seller that is clearly fraudulent. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated if there is anything further I can do 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

onemagic
New Community Member

i too had a similar problem like this from 2 different sellers which i bought items off, (through face book.)..they don't send the item you order....but send a crap item worth nothing....  they send it with tracking,so when you claim against paypal after a long period of time...paypal decline dispute saying item has been delivered.....this must happen to many paypal users..paypal is aware this is happening and do nothing..

Login to Me Too

Kacy_V
Contributor
Contributor

It was seeing "Paypal" at checkout that helped you made your decision to buy huh? You thought that because they used Paypal, they could be trusted... I was fooled too. Case closed too. Slow response from messaging too. But they finally reopened my case for re-investigation. Just keep messaging them. They know they have to do something or they'll go out of biz. Spread the word - just cause you see Paypal, don't mean it's safe; it's the opposite. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.