JH Mall scam

Mikeshowers
Contributor
Contributor

I think I have figured out why Dan Schulman and PayPal still let JH Mall do business with them even after all of the complaints about them not honoring their own company policies and that is because PayPal is nothing but a big money laundering operation for terrorist organizations all over the world that's one of the reasons why when you call them with a problem you always get some liar from the middle east and they don't want to take care of the problem. I have came to that answer because after several attempts to contact Dan Schulman about his company and employees not wanting to resolve an issue of me wanting a refund and a return label to send this stuff that I ordered and JH Mall felt like they could send what ever they wanted to send to me and now going on the third month of trying to take care of issue I have filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau with no response from anyone that's the only logical answer is that they not only support terrorist and their thoughts but are helping them 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mikeshowers 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mikeshowers
Contributor
Contributor
I was not asking or expecting PayPal to pay for anything. I just wanted them to get thier **bleep** partner to send to a return label and a refund for stuff I didn't order because they advertise that they are the safest way to do business and will help make sure that you as a customer are happy but yet you just did what JH Mall did trying to make it sound like me the customer is at fault and that's why I received the wrong stuff but I know the truth don't worry when the government gets sick of your bad publicity they will do what they do with all the of the Drugs running, Money laundering, and weapon trafficking scum bags they don't want to do business with anymore
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mikeshowers 

But getting a company to send a return label is NOT part of paypals buyer protection policy.

What they do offer is a contribution to return costs if you have activated the link i posted above.

You need to read up on buyer protection, its not an insurance policy or warranty and does not give you 100% cover.

It also does not say its the safest way to pay, its says that its convenient and will keep your card and bank details safe for you.

However who you choose to buy from is up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Vburch
Contributor
Contributor
I had no idea this was a scam. I paid 39.00 for a couple of solar lights on May 18, 2020 and paid through PayPal. I still have not heard back from JH Mall. I want my money back!!! If Pay Pal knows this company is a scam company, how can conceivably let them do business through Pay Pal. Where do I go from here?
Login to Me Too

Deckdr
It’s hard to tell that this online seller is in China when ordering, but it became obvious after digging into them a little. Total scam. I ordered two things from different business names that ended up both coming from J H Mall. Weeks later when trying to get a refund through paypal, only one of my requests was honored and the seller finally sent a tracking number for one of the items so paypal wouldn’t refund my money. A couple more weeks later the item showed up, but was a complete counterfeit and not even the same product that I ordered. Paypal denied my claim. Not sure how they justified that decision, but now I have lost money. BEWARE...Do not purchase anything from JHMall!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deckdr 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Pamelaalonso
I am agreed, they send anything or whatever they want, they don't respect size for specific item. It looks like send items people don't buy.
Login to Me Too

janeandy
Contributor
Contributor
agreed I got items i didn't buy ! Something I could have picked up in local £1 shop ! Very dissapontedwith paypal ! This company scams people and paypal side with them when filing a claim ...no wonder they keep doing what they do !
Login to Me Too

janeandy
Contributor
Contributor
Agreed do not shop with this company ! I did receive something in the mail but it was not what I ordered ! To send this item back from the UK to China would have cost an arm and a leg ! This company know what they are doing ! The chances someone will return an item with tracking is zero so paypal go in their favour ! Very dissapointed with PayPal lots of folk scammed !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.