Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD

abb2806
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a drone from an add on Facebook from Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD. It looks like this site is a complete scam from all reports I can see on the internet. Do I have recourse to go after Facebook for allowing their site to be used by known scammers? As well does PayPal have any responsibility as they continue to provide a service to a known and documented scammer?

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@abb2806

Paypal are no more responsible for your sale going wrong than you are.

Paypal give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your own transactions.

If you had paid directly via a credit card or bank account would you say your card company or bank were responsible?

Cheap tat sites promising  bargains are all over social media.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SUTOR5
Contributor
Contributor

Pay pal should be held to a higher standard.  If I would have paid with a credit card I would have been able to open a dispute and get provisional credit right away while my dispute is being investigated.  Pay pal seems to be leaving it up to Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD to confirm they have received my return.  Why would a company that so blatantly scams  the public admit to receiving the return.  Mean time I'm out the $200. 

Login to Me Too

Belize2000
Dude use your brain if we used a Visa credit card it would be a easy refund.
Login to Me Too

dicilorenzo
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar issue with the same seller Ivory Tower Tech Co. I was trusting too much the paypal buyer protection.

This scammer probably knows well the Paypal process and designed the scam on it.

Here the schema:

1)Super convenient ads on Facebook or other websites

2)After the purchase the scammer will ship with a tracking number a toy similar for size but absolutely useless

3)the buyer open a claim to paypal and paypal ask to return the object

4)if you ship back the object the object will never be delivered and you can't close the claim, even if you manage to deliver paypal only cover 30$.

Acting in this way the Ivory Tower Tech Co is treated like a regular seller instead of a scammer.
The solution is to signal this behavior to the  police and asking a total reimbursement without sending back the item. This is the only chance we have to stop this scam

Login to Me Too

Max2018
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am also into this dispute, juste started. Will see where Paypal want to go...

I am very unhappy to find that PAypal is not blocking such scamming vendor. Are they being guilty by association of fraud? Knowing they are frauding customers and not stopping them, making money out of it. You know after this experience, I will have to question my self about using paypal.

Good luck !

Login to Me Too

georgeku
Contributor
Contributor

I just opened a dispute and is ongoing. I ordered  a laser engraver which cost $149 but I received a electric engraver which only cost $25.  According to the report of other victims in this forum. I don't think I will have a chance to get my refund and it seems the buyer protection is not a protection. But the question is, with so many victims had made the complain, why the Paypals still allows this scam merchant doing business in Paypal. Interesting.

Login to Me Too

Yakamazi
Contributor
Contributor

I've just found myself in this boat.
I spent $130 on a drone and received a pocket drone with retail value of $25. I'm gutted. I was also sold the idea through facebook add which took me to a website:
dailymobilegear.com (which seemed authentic with its green secure lock in the address bar).
Its currently appearing to be offline, thus adding to this being a scam.
I never received a reply when i contacted them directly.
Contacting them via paypal, i got a response asking me to send the pocket drone back.

I've asked them to send me the cash refund to give me the allowance to be able to send the item back (as sending from UK to US. I'm yet to receive a response. 
Any ideas how i get around this, or do i just accept the fact that i've been mugged and that no authority (paypal,facebook) will be willing to assist?

Login to Me Too

dicilorenzo
Contributor
Contributor

My suggestion is to call Paypal and ask them to chance the reason of refund that do not require to ship back the item. I went to the police to declare the scam and forwarded the form to paypal.

I'm very upset that Paypal leave scammers using their account

Login to Me Too

msperisen
New Community Member

Payed 199 USD + shipment for an electric carbon surfboard - eFoil... should have known that this can not be true. But well, got a 10 - 20 USD toy body board. My wife unfortunately accepted the parcel and payed another 40 USD for customs service.

Asking for settlement via PayPal got me a message from Ivory Tower to send them a picture of the goods received and return them - as they did not actually know what they sold me on and actually shipped. Feel like a fool... page and facebook ad is no longer online.

Can not believe that PayPal continues to let them do business through them! After all those reports.

https://youtu.be/4SmJOor2zWQ

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.