Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD

abb2806
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a drone from an add on Facebook from Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD. It looks like this site is a complete scam from all reports I can see on the internet. Do I have recourse to go after Facebook for allowing their site to be used by known scammers? As well does PayPal have any responsibility as they continue to provide a service to a known and documented scammer?

Login to Me Too
34 REPLIES 34

Memamaw
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a laser projector stenciled type machine and have not received a confirmation email or anything! I wish I would have checked here first! This is my first time ever to be scammed!
Login to Me Too

Philipg52
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same issue with these scammers but PayPal were really great and not only refunded me the $229 for the product but also gave me CHF32 towards the return freight! Well done PayPal for dealing with this issue so swiftly!
Login to Me Too

ohbeana
Contributor
Contributor

On July 29th 2018 I ordered a metal drum  on sale for $99.00 on Instagram  originally $499.00. The drum that came was rubber deflated in a box, with tubes coming out of it. I wanted a full refund and have the Fraud/Scam company pay for shipping back to China. I disputed with Pay Pal and they sided with the Scam/Fraud company: Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD and the lesser Scam/Fraud company: Fingertip Interactive Tech Co., LTD. These companies are based in China. Pay Pal  wants me to pay for shipping and tracking back to China before I can receive a refund.I am disgusted and have turned to my Credit Card for help. I will leave Pay Pal as soon as this is settled and plan i telling my friends on Social Media to beware. Isn't this the reason to go through Pay Pal in the first place, to feel secure in your purchases? Also if you google this company, many others have been scammed!

Login to Me Too

felixrey67
Same thing happened to me...this is a huge scam company and PP doesn't seem to care for its customers...they sold me an Electric water bike for $99.00 and what I received was an inflatable kids water toy...
Login to Me Too

Igga
Contributor
Contributor

Same story with Ivory Tower Tech Co. (drone with 4K cam and 2 accs) I and same reaction from PayPal.

Please note that we're living in a new reality:

- PAYPAL IS SUPPORTING CRIMINAL

- TRERE'RE NO BUYER PROTECTION IN PAYPAL

Payed $135 USD, tracking number received, drone is fully useless 420p cam etc, claim opened with no success.

If you ship back the drone IT WILL NEVER BE DELIVERED and you CANT CLOSE THE CLAIM.

Going to police.

Login to Me Too

SUTOR5
Contributor
Contributor

My claim was just denied - Pay pal says I can't prove I returened the worthless item.  They never even considered the large # of menbers scammed by

Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD.   I belive when they put the inferior item in the US mail  it constitutes mail fraud.  

Login to Me Too

Belize2000
Class Action Lawsuit is in order here against PayPal, Ivory Tower and Facebook, any thoughts? I ordered a to good to be true Dron off Facebook add from Ivory Tower, you know what thy say right but it was PauPal I am covered right Wrong. Item was never received (not surprised) so filed a complaint that was quickly Closed by PayPal. I am still pursuing with no luck. I'll be done with PayPal, overseas shopping and Facebook if this is no resolved to my satisfaction. Ripped Off PayPal Customer
Login to Me Too

wfschell
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me 5 months ago, PayPal and Discover card both sided with seller and us buyers are left to hold the cheap toy sent us, any law suits, I want in.
Login to Me Too

james6100
Contributor
Contributor

Yes the same issue with me !   I was playing 'Words with Friends'  on my smartphone and after the game there was an advertisement of this large sized drone.  As i watched the advertisement video i noticed the size of the drone must have been approximately 143×143×55 mm(dji spark) (on the webpage describing a "95% discount" and approx. 15 minutes of flight time and an option to order an extra battery and the extra battery was in my order also) as the person in the video was throwing water and other objects at it as it was stationary in flight. i was offered to buy 2 batteries and i ordered those as well along with the drone.   When i received my order. i opened the package and i received a mini 4-axis drone foldable S9 with a camera.  I knew right away this was not the same thing i ordered when the first thing i noticed was the size and i did not receive an extra battery.  i paid $69.99 and tried to return the drone(mailed it to the Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD address) but the package was refused by them and returned to me.  I tried to explain it to paypal but they refused to issue me a refund.  

Paypal's response was:      Unfortunately, we can't grant your claim because we were unable to track your shipment.
they closed my case in their favor.  The package could not be tracked because Ivory Tower refused it.  

Did you Try to get a refund?  what was your case number ?

Login to Me Too

SUTOR5
Contributor
Contributor

@james6100 wrote:

Yes the same issue with me !   I was playing 'Words with Friends'  on my smartphone and after the game there was an advertisement of this large sized drone.  As i watched the advertisement video i noticed the size of the drone must have been approximately 143×143×55 mm(dji spark) (on the webpage describing a "95% discount" and approx. 15 minutes of flight time and an option to order an extra battery and the extra battery was in my order also) as the person in the video was throwing water and other objects at it as it was stationary in flight. i was offered to buy 2 batteries and i ordered those as well along with the drone.   When i received my order. i opened the package and i received a mini 4-axis drone foldable S9 with a camera.  I knew right away this was not the same thing i ordered when the first thing i noticed was the size and i did not receive an extra battery.  i paid $69.99 and tried to return the drone(mailed it to the Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD address) but the package was refused by them and returned to me.  I tried to explain it to paypal but they refused to issue me a refund.  

Paypal's response was:      Unfortunately, we can't grant your claim because we were unable to track your shipment.
they closed my case in their favor.  The package could not be tracked because Ivory Tower refused it.  

Did you Try to get a refund?  what was your case number ?

These guys are criminals, I tried to get a refund and the same thing happened. My claim was also denied.  I couldn't prove I returned it because I wrote return to gave it back to the USPS.    I believe  Ivory Tower is gulty of Mail fraun when they intentionally rip people off using the US mail. Case ID #PP-007-239-073-605.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.