Items not as described by seller

Alejo1977
Contributor
Contributor
I bought some items, and the seller sent me items that where different from their website and as promised. I want to send items back but seller doesn’t want to accept them. I reached out to PayPal and they won’t let me report my problem. All they said that the case has been closed by the back office. I reached out to the seller many of times and they do not respond back. What should I do know? Any advice will help. Thank you
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alejo1977 

Did you open a paypal dispute?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did paypal decline it?

Which dispute did you open?

Were the items misdescribed or was it just buyer remorse?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Alejo1977
Contributor
Contributor
I did all that. I finally received the items and I email PayPal and the seller and asked for a return label and the seller refused to provide one. Now I’m stuck and PayPal closed the case on me. I Escalated it to a claim. What should I do now?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alejo1977 

So which dispute did you open???

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alejo1977
Contributor
Contributor
First I opened a dispute for not receiving the items. The items came in 2 weeks ago. I reached out to the seller telling them I didn’t want the items and wanted to return them. He didn’t want to accept the items back or issue me a return label back to them. PayPal closed the case and I’ve tried to open another dispute and now the PayPal site won’t let me. I’ve called PayPal and waited on hold fir 3 hrs just to get hung up on. I’m at my wits end now and don’t know what to do.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alejo1977 

So when the items arrived did you CHANGE the dispute from non receipt TO not as described before it closed?

Only if it was still on non receipt then the seller would win if they had tracking to prove you did receive an item?  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alejo1977
Contributor
Contributor
No I didn’t. I was talking to a agent from PayPal and all he said and kept on saying is that the back office had to make the final decision. The last thing I mentioned was that all I wanted was a refund and no longer wanted the items anymore. He said I still had to wait for the back office to make a decision and I had till today’s date. I still have yet to hear from them.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alejo1977 

If you didn't change it then you would have lost the dispute for non receipt.

Sadly as you can't open a second dispute yourself then your only option would be to contact customer services and explain that the item arrived after you opened a dispute and it was closed and you need a second opening for 'received but not as described' they have been known to open one for you. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.