Items never received - likely to file for a dispute soon

Ike3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to advice me.

I made some purchases from an online shop for about 250$ on three separate orders.

Only one of the orders was delivered and the item was in fact very different than shown on the picture.

All items were ordered in November so its now been close to two months since the two undelivered orders.

I have been in touch with the shop several times, the guy (seems like one person running the shop) keeps telling me:

-The holiday period was crazy and the supplier is having delay

-I am contacting the supplier, I will get back to you this week

-You will be receiving the items "this week"

These lines he already said several times, each time it takes 3-4 days for him to respond, when he says he will keep me updated he never does.

I already informed him that I might be logging a dispute through paypal if this is not sorted with him, he agreed to offer me an additional 10% discount and said there is nothing to worry about => ''items will arrive soon''

It has now been another two weeks since I have heard from him, and am trying to get him to respond one last time and asking him for the additional 10% I also never got. I am starting to get the impression this guy is a fraudster... 

I would appreciate feedback from the community from other people having had such experiences, and how it got resolved ?

I read the PayPal ''dispute/claim'' procedure, it appears I have 180 days from purchase to file for a dispute which I can turn to a claim at maximum interval of 20 days from dispute creation (if dispute does not help).

How can people be such fraudsters and use PayPal as means of receiving money? Is this actually possible and if this is not resolved is there a way to report it formally to PayPal?

Thank you for your responses.

Ike

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ike3

Do not file for non receipt OR the seller will provide tracking for the ONE item and the dispute will be closed.

File for item received but not as described for 2 reasons (1) not the correct amount of items and (2) different to pictures etc.

Then if paypal find in your favour you may have to return what you have received back to the seller trackable to prove delivery before you get a refund.

DO NOT return until paypal tells you to do so.

Have you activated the 'return shipping on us' option at some point before you made that transaction to help with return costs?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ike3

Do not file for non receipt OR the seller will provide tracking for the ONE item and the dispute will be closed.

File for item received but not as described for 2 reasons (1) not the correct amount of items and (2) different to pictures etc.

Then if paypal find in your favour you may have to return what you have received back to the seller trackable to prove delivery before you get a refund.

DO NOT return until paypal tells you to do so.

Have you activated the 'return shipping on us' option at some point before you made that transaction to help with return costs?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ike3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I did not activate anything to be honest, I am pretty new to PayPal so I did not activate any options that would not be by default.

I told the shop I don't intend to return the item which I received that is wrong (not as pictured) because it was a gift send to a friend, and it's too much hassle to ask my friend to return it etc so we decided to keep it, the problem there was that the shop said he would give an extra discount (still waiting).

The other items that I did not receive were from the same shop but on seperate order references, and therefore seperate payments too, so I guess I can file for a dispute on those seperately if the shop does not provide delivery ?

Thank you for your help and time !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.