Item was delayed due to COVID. Buyer opened dispute, but now item has been delivered.

ELIMCC
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item to a buyer in South Korea. But item got stuck somewhere due to the COVID pandemic and buyer opened a dispute. I provided the tracking number and repeatedly asked buyer to wait but he did not and ended up escalating the dispute. Since at that time, the item was undelivered, PayPal favoured the buyer and refunded. Today I got notification from the Logistics that the item has been delivered to the address.

Although I sent an appeal but I want to know what is the procedure to get the money back. As I had timely sent the item, and now I am out of money as well as the item which is worth 250 Dollars.

Please advise.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

ELIMCC
Contributor
Contributor

Ok  The decision of the appeal came and it still favoured the buyer. It says that the original decision was correct?

Why so?

Login to Me Too

underwatershop
Contributor
Contributor

how is that possible - that is like stealing

Login to Me Too

ELIMCC
Contributor
Contributor
Indeed. What is the point of using an expensive postal service so that we can track when the guys at paypal are just blind. What should I do? Or just let it go?
Login to Me Too

underwatershop
Contributor
Contributor

don't let this go - what does the customer say who now has your product and the money back?

Login to Me Too

ELIMCC
Contributor
Contributor
He did not reply to my email.
Login to Me Too

underwatershop
Contributor
Contributor

obviously if your product was received and tracking shows this, paypal should get you your money, else they are part of the stealing ....

Login to Me Too

ELIMCC
Contributor
Contributor
Whom should I contact now
Login to Me Too

Handpainter
Contributor
Contributor

tracking is sometime useless, paypal requires signature confirmation. but due to COVID19, most of the postal services doesn't require signature (even it should have) when they are delivering the package. Sometimes they just drop it in front of the door now. that's mean...you lose the case eventually.

Login to Me Too

ELIMCC
Contributor
Contributor
I guess so. But I want to say it. Paypal is the worst when it comes to problems of sellers.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.