Item purchased using PayPal never delivered and PayPal refuse refund

kessie23
Contributor
Contributor

I recently (July 2020) purchased  an item on line and used PayPal for payment and never received it. After many weeks of raising cases and complaining to PayPal,  as if by magic a tracking number appeared so I checked with Royal Mail and sure enough it showed an item delivered on August 20th. I queried this delivery but was told they could not confirm the delivery address as it was only held for 30 days. Paypal then closed the case stating it was a valid tracking number and they DO NOT GUARANTEE DELIVERY. I suspect that PayPal's validation process involves a couple of clicks on the Royal Mail site so no idea if this relates to my order or where it has been delivered to so I have paid for something I haven't received and PayPal will do NOTHING. I have since seen other posts on social media from other buyers with similar experiences with this seller.  During this unsatisfactory process I have also learned that the FSA will not take up individual complaints against PayPal like they do against banks, credit card companies etc so no redress there either. I won't be using PayPal in future except for the odd eBay transaction where there's no other choice. This leaves a very nasty taste!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kessie23 

You don't have to have RM give you the address it went to, all you need from them is a letter saying that the tracking number of the item did not go to your address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kessie23 

Paypals dispute for non receipt is mostly automated, sellers provides tracking then seller normally wins.

That is when you have to do so leg work yourself so..............

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kessie23
Contributor
Contributor
I tried the tracking app and it found the tracking number provided by the seller and it confirms that it went to a local DO but doesn't give a delivery address. I have written confirmation from Royal Mail that the postcode on the package does not match my postcode. I put this to PayPal and they just closed the case. I will try an appeal but they said that they do not guarantee delivery and I can't get the delivery address from Royal Mail.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kessie23 

You don't have to have RM give you the address it went to, all you need from them is a letter saying that the tracking number of the item did not go to your address.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Doreenpearl1959
New Community Member
I too have the same issue with a seller - even though the seller charged me a fee for insurance and of course will not respond with insurance info. The tracking number was invalid and even though the seller sent a tracking number and delivery from my local post office the tracking link was invalid. I cannot receive support from PayPal and they simply closed out the case- I also received this rude response from the seller Slaiman (Phaeton) Feb 6, 2021, 15:52 GMT+8 Dear Customer, Sorry to keep you waiting. We delivered your order and PayPal also notices that. Stop sending nonsense email and put your energy to find your order If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us again. Best regards, Customer Service Center So I guess PayPal has partnered by default with this seller. Wow! Great support PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.