Item not recieved

kerrylang
Contributor
Contributor
I made a purchase using a guest account and have not recieved my order but the usps tracking says it was delivered 5 days ago the seller is not returning my e mails what do i do to get refunded
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kerrylang 

If tracking shows the item as delivered then you would lose any paypal dispute.

Check with UPS as to where they delivered it and check with any neighbours etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kerrylang 

If tracking shows the item as delivered then you would lose any paypal dispute.

Check with UPS as to where they delivered it and check with any neighbours etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

boblane
Contributor
Contributor

kerrylang, as I'd mentioned it's not rocket science as to how one would get around paypal's "limited investigation" it would be too simple to take the buyers money. Then simply ship the item to the same address it was shipped from !  the buyer in turn files a complaint with paypal. These idiots at paypal limit their "investigation" to a single call to ups to ask a single question " was this package delivered" well of course it was....the thief delivered it to himself so there would be a tracking number generated. What paypal fails to do is ask a second question to ups.....the obvious " can you confirm delivery address?" I tracked my package to the address it was delivered....not the address given the seller. This would have thrown a red flag to any half intelligent person with paypal🤔. OK, the package was not delivered to the address given to the seller by the buyer ??? perhaps the seller 1) mislabeled the ship to address 2) shipped the package to themselves in order to generate a tracking number for paypal to call ups, confirm delivery although not the address given by the buyer......sorry to rattle on but paypal has put in place such an elementary loop hole it's CRAZY. I've fixed my problem...File a complaint with your bank. You note only get results you actually speak to a human being, if you hear from any of the many persons I'm seeing this issue with in the paypal community, pass it on. "FILE A COMPLAINT WITH YOUR BANK" it worked for me 😇

Login to Me Too

boblane
Contributor
Contributor

BTW: package NOT delivered to a neighbor. And, not about to go to the door of the person it was shipped to. How would I know who or what would answer the door....not my job to physically run down the package & in my case the 74.00 isn't worth being greated by a 45 cal. !

Login to Me Too

boblane
Contributor
Contributor

thx for the reply...but, I bought from "toolnut.com" appeared to be based out of the US my surprise was in finding that all the seller has to do is give paypal a tracking #... "game over" they NEVER asked ups the simple question "what address did the shipper send the package to?" i'm sure you can understand the simplicity of the scam, all the thief has to do is:

1) sell the item

2) get paid

3) ship via ups to yourself

4) have the tracking # ready when ups calls with the apparent 1 & only Q 

TOO easy !! paypal is a scam artists dream come try. And REALLY "**bleep** you off" can't get a voice/person....spent 2 hours going in circles yesterday ....pass it on. Perhaps if enough honest people bring this loop hole to their attention....they'll wise up !

Login to Me Too

boblane
Contributor
Contributor

here's one for you...i disputed because item wasn't delivered. paypal investigated with ups & giving ups the tracking number given them by the seller. paypal rep didn't have the basic common sense to ask...."what address was the item delivered to?" i made the 2 min call to ups explained that i'd not received the item ups: sir, that tracking number confirms the item was delivered me: what address did you deliver the item to : short of the long....item was delivered to the wrong address & paypal STILL defends seller although paypal HAS the address (mine) that the seller was given to deliver the item to. so when an item is purchased & paid for through paypal their "investigation" ends once a tracking number is confirmed as delivered....does ANYONE at paypal have just a little common sense to question ups further ? apparently NOT. as long s they're given a tracking number & conformation it was delivered the seller is GOD....hint to all you would be thieves paypal is EASILY hacked: sell an item, collect an honest persons $$$ then ship the item to "YOURSELF" !! they're THAT stupid to not bother to confirm the requested shipping address is where the item was shipped to.....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boblane 

Paypals item not received disputes is automated, seller provides tracking = seller normally wins.

If you want paypal to help you as you bought from a Chinese website or Social Media ad then you need to do the leg work yourself.

So if you want to know how to do the next step to appeal paypals decision and hopefully get a refund then feel free to ask.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

boblane
Contributor
Contributor

I did ask....paypal replied "case closed" !! seller / thief wins 😡 NOPE, not in my case....I have a great relationship with my bank, funs have been returned to my account & they'll deal with paypal....I'd like to see how they fell about getting ripped- off 🤣

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boblane 

Asking for the case to be re-opened is not using the correct APPEAL option which I could have given you if you had not sorted it out already. 

Glad you got your refund. You were lucky a lot of 'banks' don't cover you and a lot of 'credit cards' are refusing claims as they have terms and conditions as well.

I always fund my paypal payments with a credit card as well, as it 'sometimes' gives you a second layer of protection.

BUT i also risk assess my transactions and don't buy from China websites or Social Media ads.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.