Item not as described

gabbydim
Contributor
Contributor

Recently I purchased a set of stickers on Depop, an app where you can buy from other sellers . Depop purchases claim to be Buyer/Seller protected and require PayPal for transactions. When I received the stickers in the mail, they ended up being just cut out pieces of paper, with the image of what I wanted printed on it.. I tried to contact the seller, but got no response so I decided to file a dispute and escalate it to a claim. After weeks of waiting, PayPal closed the case and ruled it in favor of the seller because the item was not "significantly materially" different. I called customer service and had them reopen the case, but I feel like the final decision wasn't fair and didn't seem to provide buyer protection for me. I could have printed out the picture and cut it out myself, but what I purchased claimed to be stickers. It doesn't even stick. So I don't see how that's fair for PayPal to overlook the fact that they're supposed to be stickers when they don't, even, stick... They're not stickers at all. Is that not significant enough? I don't care if the stickers were home made, but they're not stickers.  

What I received in the mail:

IMG_3676 (1).jpg

What were supposed to be stickers:

Link to stickers 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gabbydim 

Paypal gives you some buyer protection but is not a 100% coverall so you need to risk assess who you buy from.

An item has to be significantly other than described which paypal did not think was the case.

You have the option of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gabbydim 

Paypal gives you some buyer protection but is not a 100% coverall so you need to risk assess who you buy from.

An item has to be significantly other than described which paypal did not think was the case.

You have the option of a chargeback if you funded your paypal payment that way.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gabbydim
Contributor
Contributor

I guess that part is true. I should have read reviews first or asked for more pictures, but I didn't think I could get scammed off of stickers because I've made many purchases through Depop before.. Just sucks that person can get away with it. Do you know how I can request a chargeback? @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gabbydim 

You would need to contact your card issuer (if you funded your paypal payment that way) as a chargeback is done directly via their site and not paypals.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Momnkids
So I ordered off an f as Facebook advertising life like baby dolls, an the options on the different dolls to choose from. The company Ericdress has different company names, dorapick,chicyoins,reborn dolls, and I am sure other names they have created. The doll I chose and ordered had hair, eyes opened and closed,body ADVERTISED as silicone body. The doll this company sent eyes were closed shut,fake eyelashes,No Hair,body is hard. SERIOUSLY PAYPAL AMAZON NEEDS TO STOP ALLOWING THEM TO FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING ON THIER SITE. I WANT A REFUND!!! I am contacting the International Trade Commission
Login to Me Too

Momnkids
I want a refund!!!!! Service ericdress dorapick chicyoins Reborndolls etc. Which ever company name they are ALLOWED to Fraudulently Advertising online and using PayPal Ebay Amazon etc to illegally sell items that are Fraudulent. They even use facebook identity to post on their pages showing satisfied customers. This also is Fraudulent activity using other identities.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.