Item Not as Described Cases: What to Do as Buyer?

Ferocactus
Contributor
Contributor

I had mad multiple PayPal transactions for items that were all part of one large order to be shipped by the seller. I have received the seller's package, but it contained incorrect items, was missing items, and only a portion were correct items I ordered. I opened Item Not as Described cases. The seller offered partial refunds (which I declined to accept) that were only about 20% of what I paid; the seller refuses to allow me to return the items I did receive for a refund.

I have called and messaged PayPal, showing photos of what I received and what I should have received; I also showed PayPal copies of Instagram chats showing the seller telling me to close the cases in return for different items (off-site bribe). I also told PayPal I wanted to return the items for a refund, so everything would be equal again.

The cases are currently being reviewed, but I'm really worried the cases will be closed in the seller's favor. I've read similar stories of such situations happening to other buyers here in the Community. I'm really worried, since my payments were a huge investment and would ruin me if I lost them all with my cases.

What are my chances of having the cases closed in my favor? If I lose the cases, can I appeal them, and what would the chances be of my success? Please can someone help me know what my chances are? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @Ferocactus,

Thank you for the post.

I am sorry to know about the purchases. I understand that you're expecting a refund from the merchant through the dispute on the account. If you're unhappy with the decision of the case, you can appeal the outcome of a claim. You can appeal within 10 days of case closure. Our concerned team investigate the case and get back to you with the results. If you face any issues during the process, please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @Ferocactus,

Thank you for the post.

I am sorry to know about the purchases. I understand that you're expecting a refund from the merchant through the dispute on the account. If you're unhappy with the decision of the case, you can appeal the outcome of a claim. You can appeal within 10 days of case closure. Our concerned team investigate the case and get back to you with the results. If you face any issues during the process, please contact customer service by clicking contact at the bottom of the PayPal website to see the contact options.

I hope this helps.

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.