Item Not Received Dispute

kingstoncole
Contributor
Contributor

I placed an order with this company on 12/4/19 and other than a confirmation # I have heard nothing and they do not respond to emails.  Has anyone had success with them?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kingstoncole 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
76 REPLIES 76
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kingstoncole 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

annaters
Contributor
Contributor

I followed all of the steps above. Opened a dispute. PAID almost as much as I paid for the item to ship it back to the address provided. Provided PayPal tracking on the item I shipped back to the seller. 3 months later it still says ‘in-transit’ and PayPal won’t refund the original purchase or the cost to ship it back until the item says ‘delivered’. Called the post office and they say the item can not be delivered because the address does not exist.

Login to Me Too

Cher333

Hello I received an order from Jon <removed> NO RETURN ADDRESS...THE SHIRT I ORDERED IS A CHILDS SIZE AND A PIECE OF CRAP! HOW DO I CONTACT THEM..

Login to Me Too

sandhillart
Contributor
Contributor

You may not be able to contact them. If you try to return the item to a US address it will probably be sent back to you as Unknown Address. Good luck! PayPal will be no help. They are part of the reason these scams continue.

Login to Me Too

sandhillart
Contributor
Contributor

That's the problem. You can't.  "Jon" does not exist.

Login to Me Too

Cmellon01
New Community Member

what do you do when the seller wont respond to your emails and you cant get pay pal to reimburse you either?

Login to Me Too

Jazzluvin
Contributor
Contributor
Contact your bank, dispute the issue through them. They actually resolved my issue alot sooner than the PayPal run around. Hope this helps you.
Login to Me Too

Dogmom6676
Contributor
Contributor

I got a package today, too, from Jon in Alabama. Google says change your Amazon password <Removed>

Login to Me Too

junctioncats
Contributor
Contributor

I was just refunded on an item shipped from the Conoco Station in Alabama, Jon.  I reported to IC3, gave PayPal a copy of the report, a picture of what I'd received, a description of what I ordered, along with the tracking number that was on my package, which differed from the one the supplier sent to them.  As soon as I filed with IC3, at PayPal's suggestion, I had the refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.