Item I received wasn't even close to what was ordered

TV351
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else filed a claim due to a seller not sending an item ordered after waiting a month then finally did once a dispute was filed then waited @ 2 more months , finally getting an item that wasn't even close to what was originally ordered and about $60.00 less in value ? I've notified PayPal of what the seller did and the only reply I keep getting is "case closed" ...how do I resolve this issue ? I appreciate any info/help anyone can give me

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Caswagna93

I didn't get anything in the mail, however I just tried to buy something which is turning out to be a scam. I disputed the charge the other day, and just today the seller provided some random tracking number to PayPal with shipping from Wisconsin to Arizona. I sent them an email exchange originally when I asked the seller when my item would ship and they said it would be coming from China. Much to my chagrin, it appears PayPal has a nasty history of siding with sellers as long as they provide SOME shipping number with a delivery address of the city you are in. I have not received the item and am waiting on paypal to respond to the dispute. 

Login to Me Too

TV351
Contributor
Contributor

I hope you have better luck than I did as PayPal definitely drug their feet on my dispute , they kept pushing the resolution date off then after 3 months of waiting  an item came that wasn't even close. I notified PayPal through their message center and was told I had to wait until the date they had previously stated which was 5 days away for a final determination ! Totally ignoring that fact I stated item sent wasn't even close to the original order then when their determination date rolled around (which was 5 days later) they sent me a mssg "case closed" stating I received an item from the seller...what a joke PayPal is , they don't care about their customers obviously 

Login to Me Too

Dirtracer57
Contributor
Contributor

They closed my case, ruled in favor of seller. Since i got an item even though it is useless I guess that is good enough for Paypal. Paypal seems to only be concerned about getting their percentage from the seller and does not seem to care if buyers are getting **bleep** over. So much for thinking Paypal was the safe way to go.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.