Issuing a refund

Irishvinyl94
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone

Just had a refund related question. I have a Discogs account where I sell vinyl records. A purchaser bought a record off me which he received via post today but due to a mistake on my part, he has received the wrong vinyl. I was preparing to issue him a full refund but he has actually filed a dispute with me via pay pal. This means that the pending amount he had sent me for the vinyl he purchased no longer appears in my pending balance and I can no longer issue that money he had sent me as a refund.

I am just wondering, if the dispute is closed by him, does this money appear back in my pending balance allowing me to refund it to him?

I'm just curious because it may be quicker for him in terms of getting his money back if he closes the dispute if it means the money once again becomes available in my pending balance so I can send it back to him, rather than having to wait a few days until I have the money available to send to him. If t doesn't work like that that's fine, it just means it will take me a few days to issue him a refund and I just wanted to know in respect of getting him his money, if it would just be quicker for him to end the dispute therefore making teh money appear back in my pending balance so I can send it to him instantly.

Thanks for the help

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.