Issues with my first claim (As Seller); Refund amount, shipping, refund timeframe, etc.

jeffjwnz
Contributor
Contributor

Feb 5th - dispute opened

Feb 5th - escalated to claim

Feb 5th - seller / buyer agreed to full refund with return of product

Feb 13th - buyer uploaded tracking information 

Feb 17th - response required by seller

I am the seller in this case and the package's value is $1425 total in paypal (including paypal protection fees).  My account went in the negative for the amount of $1362 at the time of the claim.  

1)  The emails I've been seeing indicate that the buyer will get a full refund of $1425.  Paypal only took back $1362 from me - which amount is the buyer getting back?  If so, am I on the hook for paying these fees again?

2) This package isnt going to arrive until around the 25th of February.  However, paypal is asking for a response 3 business days after it was shipped from Europe.  Is the buyer going to get a refund before I receive back the merchandise?  I looked at the response options that they are requesting by 2/17 and the only options are (I received the package / cancel).

Also, I'm not convinced that this package is being sent requiring a signature which I thought was required on items over $750.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jeffjwnz 

Buyer gets a full refund, unfortunately paypal does not return your fees any longer when you issue a refund.

As for option 2 thats debatable, sometimes they do and sometimes they wait for tracking to show as delivered.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jeffjwnz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

The math isn't working.

If the seller gets a full $1425 back, why did paypal only put my account in the negative for $1362?  The only way to make the buyer whole + paypal is for me to get charged an additional $63 to the buyer refund + $63 to paypal.  Are you saying I am going to get charged again?  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.