Issue with received order

kellzlaceup
Contributor
Contributor

-I purchased a computer part from someone for $523.51. They sent a car charger that on the label is said to have a value of $5. I contacted the seller, who already asked me to move my payment from eBay to PayPal because their account was frozen. I had confirmed that with an eBay rep. Then the money was sent via PayPal, after they had already sent the item. A week and a half later, I received the $5 car charger. I opened a case for not receiving the item that I purchased. The seller then contacted me asking to close the case so they could print the shipping label. They said it would take 2 days to process, and 5-15 business days to receive. The issue is that when I went to close the case, it said that I could no longer re-dispute an issue with the item. That gives me zero security if I do not receive the proper item this time, or any item at all for that matter. I am unsure of what to do, and am looking for guidance. The seller has been in contact, and quick to respond. Their efforts seem sincere, and have been apologetic, along with quick responses. I am just unsure of what to do. I can't call the service center because they are currently closed for another 9-10 hours.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kellzlaceup 

Do not close the case. Be sure to escalate within 20 days of opening the dispute to extend the time, generally another 10 days and PayPal also steps in review and oversee the case, or rule on it depending on whatever is happening at that time with your case: the seller reships and provides another tracking number; pending the status of the tracking, etc.  If PayPal rules on the case in favor of you because you still didn't receive your item, and then it arrives afterwards to your satisfaction, you can arrange to repay the seller.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kellzlaceup 

Do not close the case. Be sure to escalate within 20 days of opening the dispute to extend the time, generally another 10 days and PayPal also steps in review and oversee the case, or rule on it depending on whatever is happening at that time with your case: the seller reships and provides another tracking number; pending the status of the tracking, etc.  If PayPal rules on the case in favor of you because you still didn't receive your item, and then it arrives afterwards to your satisfaction, you can arrange to repay the seller.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kellzlaceup
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker The seller is asking me to close the dispute so they can "print my invoice on my shipping label, to avoid the same mistake."

They also said if I close the dispute, that I could still use the initial link to re-file a dispute case, and that I could contact the service center for help filing a new claim if I don't receive the item again. Is this true, and what are your thoughts?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.