Issue with Seller on eBay / PayPal refund

fadeeye
New Community Member

Hello guys, asking for an opinion. Recently i have had a special case with the seller. I purchased an item through eBay, paid, 3 days later, seller shipped the item, but without the tracking code. Item never arrived. I believe he never sent anything. In the meanwhile, he changed the listing from NEW, to MINT. I complained about the missing item and he shipped it again, but now instead of sending NEW, he sent the item which was in MINT condition for the same price. I complained to PayPal and they decided in my favor - i need to return the goods and pay for the shipping, even though during the conversation i said that i do not want to pay for the shipping, as the shipping would be roughly 1/3 of the price and considering that seller tried to trick me. Anything i can actually do in this case? Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

Ebay MBG money back guarantee is 30 days,seller pays return shipping.

but if over 30 days,and you file Paypal and win,you pay return shipping

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fadeeye

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns IF YOU HAVE THAT OPTION IN YOUR COUNTRY.

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.