Issue regarding tax information

quicktuba
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an account limitation put on my account and following the link in the email from paypal or online only returns a dead link. Not sure how to get this limitation lifted and it's holding me back from selling/buying on eBay.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kc2615
New Community Member

I fixed my issue today by going to http://www.paypal.com/uploaddocuments to confirm my tax ID. Not sure why the agent on the phone couldn't direct me there, but there ya go. Was able to unlock my account instantly.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@quicktuba wrote:

I have had an account limitation put on my account and following the link in the email from paypal or online only returns a dead link. Not sure how to get this limitation lifted and it's holding me back from selling/buying on eBay.

Check the Resolution Center and see if there is an open case about your account limitation. Do you see a read dot on the bell icon when you log in? In cases like this, when log on to your account, there should be indicators that there is a problem with your account you need to resolve.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

quicktuba
Contributor
Contributor

There is no open case and when I click the link from the notification it just takes me to a dead link that says

Cannot GET /policy/compliance/IRS_1099_K/policyId/ 

Login to Me Too

drea4784
New Community Member

Same here.  it is a dead link.  I need the limitation lifted on my account ASAP as I run a business.

dead link  >>>

Cannot GET /policy/compliance/IRS_1099_K/policyId/

Login to Me Too

paller1
New Community Member

Same here. Were you able to solve this?

Login to Me Too

quicktuba
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, submitted my tax information and was told it would take 24-48 hours to review and have the limitation taken off but that was nearly 3 weeks ago that I submitted it now.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kc2615
New Community Member

I fixed my issue today by going to http://www.paypal.com/uploaddocuments to confirm my tax ID. Not sure why the agent on the phone couldn't direct me there, but there ya go. Was able to unlock my account instantly.

Login to Me Too

quicktuba
Contributor
Contributor

That actually worked right away for me as well, no idea why I was never directed to that site before.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.