Issue getting refund from fake Lysol website

kharris4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Last night I made the mistake of making two purchases through PayPal to a fake Lysol website. The website is https://clacnal.com but the ad comes up on Facebook and google as if it is an authorized Lysol website. They even use the Lysol trademark and have a fake address in Ohio. 

After the purchase the charge comes to PayPal from seller Jysen <removed> and CHANGZHOUSH. I disputed with Paypal but they denied the request. I have reported them to Lysol and also looked at the Better Business Bureau. It confirms this is a fake website. 

Now, I can't get anyone from Paypal on the phone or anyone to give me information regarding appealing their decision. 

Can anyone help with this issue?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kittsonskitchen
Contributor
Contributor
I used the same website and have also been scammed. Took my money and zero communication from vendor. How can I get a refund?? Any advice?
Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

If PayPal won't help, file complaint with credit card comapny if that is how you funded your PayPal transaction. Also, you can file complaint on www.ic3.gov

It may or may not not help get your money back, but may help get these scumbags out of business.

Login to Me Too

kharris4
Contributor
Contributor

I have filed complaints with Lysol, the BBB in Ohio, the Ic3, the Federal Consumer Agency and Paypal. I am trying to get the website taken down because they use the Lysol trademark. Paypal is trying to reach them now and have stated they will refund me my money in about 10days if they fail to respond. The more attention we bring to this issue the more people that will avoid this scam. 

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Good for you. I think one thing scammers rely on is people tend to give up too soon and just willing to take the loss rather than go thru the hassle of getting refund. But they don't realize for many its the principle more than the $$, and will go thru great lengths to seek justice. Good luck.

Login to Me Too

kittsonskitchen
Contributor
Contributor
I also found out we can request the GPS coordinates of where the so called “package “ was delivered as this scammer is claiming. I am waiting on that from USPS to submit to PayPal. What they are doing is printing a shipping label, Cut off just the tracking barcode and stick it on an empty envelope. Put on a different address. As long as it is shipped to somewhere in the same zip code, it shows up on USPS as delivered. Some random person gets an empty envelope. That’s how they are getting away with this on PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kharris4
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, USPS has to scan all of their deliveries so that should be easy to track. I didn't know they were actually shipping empty envelopes out. You would think Paypal would track the complaints against this vendor and know its a scam. So far my items still says processing. How many days did it take for your item to move to shipped? 

Login to Me Too

kittsonskitchen
Contributor
Contributor

This "Fredrick <removed>" only sent one email with tracking status. So I never knew there was even a tracking number until I saw it and says it was delivered. I am not letting these people get away with this. Yeh I hope PayPal shuts them down and makes them refund us. 

Login to Me Too

SmitchelL33
I also Oder from here on 8/2. $70.00 dollars worth to get the free shipping. I kept all my receipts and transactions. It says ordered on 8/2. But my stuff from the post office say it was sent out on 7/29. And it arrived on 8/1. And I said to the post office how can it arrive at my house on 8/1. When I ordered it on 8/2?? So, I have also called the better BBB. and waiting on my claim. Pay pay has been contacted. But my lady was a Jennifer from California I thought this was legit!!
Login to Me Too

kharris4
Contributor
Contributor

I have good news. The website has been shut down. I am not sure if the BBB, Lysol or one of the other complaints worked. Please let Paypal know there are other open complaints and maybe that will help you get a refund. Paypal told me they were flagging the account after my complaint. They have to be able to see all these complaints and do something about it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.