Issue Claiming a Refund for an Item Not Received Dispute closed by PayPal without notice

BMCOMM
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item using PayPal beginning December 2019. By the end of December I still had not received my purchase and made contact with the Seller to follow up... with no response. I subsequently made further contact with the Seller via email and finally received a reply, apologising for a logistics issue with their courier, and stating that a replacement item would be shipped to me "immediately", it wasn't. 

On this basis I sent a further email to the Seller requesting that the order be cancelled and refunded in full. Instead what I received was a further reply blaming the issue once again on their courier, and stating that they would ship out a replacement item immediately, they haven't and and no time has any tracking information been provided.

Once again, I have emailed the Seller, requesting a full refund and lodged a dispute with PayPal however much to my amazement, the case has been closed in the Sellers favour, I still don't have my purchase and to add insult to injury, the ONLY reason PayPal have provided is that my item isn't covered by PayPal's Buyer Seller Protection Program and I only know of this because I had to go looking myself!

Why do I feel that the dispute resolution process is crafted in such a way as to hinder the applicant rather than help? 

Can anyone assist me with this most frustrating problem? Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Pinkwoowoo
New Community Member
I too have had the same problem. I didn't receive the item I ordered, contacted the seller several times without success. Used resolution to ask for my money back and yet paypal have agreed with the seller and closed my case . I was really shocked as I always believed that I would be protected by using paypal. I have sent them a message telling them that I dispute their reply but they haven't replied back to me.
Login to Me Too

MHaynes1
New Community Member

Same here...I cannot even find how to register a dispute!   PayPal immediately credited my account but then took it out again a few days later.  How in the world are we supposed to get help?  I'm out $125.00!  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.