Is this website legit?

hemaar
Contributor
Contributor
os.adodostore.com They list their website as accepting PayPal. Has anyone done business with them?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Cooldad717
Contributor
Contributor
Legit, yes. I ordered a Golf GPS for $ 29, they sent a cheap step counter , that was $ 11. When I complained, they responded that I could keep the step counter and they would refund me $ 3 !! Or I could return the step counter but I would have to pay the shipping cost for their mistake. Never do business with them

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hemaar 

Are they another one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

hemaar
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for the additional information. Cheers.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Cooldad717
Contributor
Contributor
Legit, yes. I ordered a Golf GPS for $ 29, they sent a cheap step counter , that was $ 11. When I complained, they responded that I could keep the step counter and they would refund me $ 3 !! Or I could return the step counter but I would have to pay the shipping cost for their mistake. Never do business with them
Login to Me Too

DoctorV
New Community Member

I had exactly the same problem!

This is not a serious website I online shop
and I hope that PayPal will take legal measures
against adodostore.

Login to Me Too

Scammed14
New Community Member
I also had the same problem and response from them. They are definitely scammers
Login to Me Too

Cooldad717
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly same situation. I negotiated $ 9 , and threw the cheap step counter in garbage. Definitely a rip off, and they use different names
Login to Me Too

hemaar
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much for all your replies, great info. I will not be buying from them anytime soon.
Login to Me Too

Yonko
New Community Member
This website is a total rip-off. The watch that I purchase this is supposed to be waterproof if it has a plastic backing with three holes cut into it there are no directions that you can read the print is so small. No listing for software to download. Was it being this cheap I will not download the software for fear that it would corrupt everything buyer beware
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.