Is this fraudulent? Vendor name is blank.

storytime
New Community Member

I recognize this post might garner little sympathy, but I hope you’ll bear with me here My boyfriend doesn’t know I can see his emails. And I’m not ready to bring this up with him because it could explode. I have found a bunch of transactions where the vendor name is blank. It’s just a space. No name. Vendor unlisted. Vendor unnamed. Vendor unspecified. I’m entering all these as keywords hoping the right person finds this post. They’re all for varying amounts ranging from $7 to almost $70 and they all take place within a narrow window from 9:43-9:47 am. My first thought was, he’s paying for live stream webcam services. He’s done that in the past, but my understanding is that he tries to avoid spending on it. He really doesn’t have the money to be doing that. It’s pretty shocking given his work and financial situation that he would willingly spend so much on something nonessential. That’s the time of day he would normally, you know, be taking care of himself in that way. So at first that time frame made sense. But the consistency of it falling within such a narrow window is strange. I’d think there would be a bigger time range, say, between 7-10am, not always within a five minute window. So I’m wondering if he’s being scammed. In the past, I had found a couple charges from streamate and discussed it with him and he swore it was fraudulent and he called and got his money refunded. I’m not sure if he ever changed his PayPal password. It’s possible that it was a scam and is still going on but now with vendor name blank. It’s also possible he’s really doing this, but I don’t want to believe that and am feeling increasingly suspicious due to the amounts spent and the narrow time frame and the vendor being blank. Maybe he is really logging in to that site many mornings, but not trying to purchase anything. Maybe every time he visits the site it triggers random charges to be authorized since he’s previously given his PayPal info to the site. Or maybe it’s just a scam that is set to automatically go off some mornings. Of course, maybe he’s actually intentionally purchasing these services too, it’s just hard to believe he’d waste so much money on that when he’s not got a lot to begin with. Of course there’s no way of knowing for sure. I can’t bring it up with him because he’d be very angry I had seen his emails, and he’d deny it no matter what. But I guess I’m just trying to get some level of a grip on reality to help me understand what’s going on and what’s at stake, whether that’s our relationship or his finances. In any case, it doesn’t seem right for the vendor name to be blank. You’d think there would at least be some made up obscure name to conceal the fact that it’s a streaming site. So I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might be familiar with this sort of thing.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.