Is this automated response everything I'm going to get in terms of support?

MinerMax555
New Community Member

A Paypal case regarding a laptop I bought on Banggood that was dead on arrival was decided against me, even though I have sent the item back to the seller as agreed upon via email. Banggood wanted that I closed the case on Paypal, which sounded suspicious as hell to me so I escalated it. Reason for this was "failure to provide tracking information", even though I submitted the tracking number that I can back up with both the receipt I got at the postal office as well as a screenshot from 17track.net where it is clearly visible that the package did return to China.

I was never asked anything but the tracking number (which on the day the case was decided against me, which is almost a month after I shipped it back to China) suddenly didn't return anything anymore exactly the day the case was decided against me (still was trackable two days earlier, either the case was closed automatically or I just had very, very bad luck) and as I feel like I am in the right and didn't get the chance to submit more proof, I want to appeal Paypals decision

Following the FAQ here (https://www.paypal.com/it/smarthelp/article/can-i-appeal-paypal%E2%80%99s-decision-on-my-claim-faq20...) I reached out to Paypal via the support center and added various proof (Receipt, Screenshot from 17track.net, picture of me in the postal office submitting the package etc.) as attachments.

That was 3 days ago, so far I've only got an automated message saying
"We prefer not to leave you waiting for a response, so we decided to send you this automatic message" followed by their FAQ content.

Can I still expect a human to respond to me, or is this yet another dead end? If so, how can I actually get through to a human to review my case?
I'm starting to get really frustrated with how this whole thing was handled.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.