Is this a scam?

Circe24
New Community Member
Hi there- I received a $450 order a couple of days ago to another country. Initially there was an email via our website with a question about currency but before I had a chance to respond the order came through- different email address but same name of person. I responded to the original email thanking them for their order and saying they must’ve worked out their question about currency- they responded saying “what order?” So I sent the same email to the other address provided (remember they are both using the same exact name) and received a response saying they were looking forward to receiving their order. The order feels abit off and I am suspicious that it maybe a scam. Any ideas of how to proceed?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Circe24 

Thank you for posting on our community forum.  Base on my own understanding is that you are a seller, am i right?  Now, to respond to your question as what to do on this concern, honestly if you feel suspicious about this i may suggest not push through with the order since first, there are 2 email with contrasting response that alone could make me kinda cautious if i'm in your position. Second order is from the other country in which it cost you additional on the shipping fee.  So Ideally it's gonna be your choice either you push through with it or not.  I hope i was able to help you through the insight i have provided. Stay Safe. 

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.