Is there no better protection from fraudulent on line companies?

essievivi2
New Community Member

Can anyone advise me please? I bought a pair or 'orthopedist' sandals that say they straightened up toes suffering from bunions. They were in usd around 33, I paid using paypal.

When the arrived they were PU mules that were just big and baggy with nothing at all that could do any sort of job to toes or foot. They are so ill fitting they don't stay on. The company would not reply to me. I went to paypal and complained. They found in the companies favour as I was sent a 'shoe' of some sort.

I escalated it to paypal as my chiropodist laughed when he saw them.  I also found the website now had a security warning on it and when I goggled the company there we lots of unhappy customers. I told paypal, they said send the new evidence which I did then when I chased for response they said they wouldn't look at it again. Why would paypal work with a company that clearly isn't a respectable one and find in their favour when the website isn't even assessable do to security??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@essievivi2 

If you paid with credit card, contact card issuer to dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

essievivi2
New Community Member

I paid with paypal through my paypal account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.