Is there any way to get money back without returning the item?

SewShine

Hello,

I received an item from China that is ridiculously not as described.  It was supposed to be a baby yoda made out of resin. I received an ugly fabric/embroidered thing that looks nothing like baby yoda.  They have agreed to refund my $48 but want me to ship this back.  I’m trying to get a label made today and it looks like return shipping will be $113!  How is this my fault and is there any way to escalate this dispute even further?  Are there any cheaper shipping options at all?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Jmschwindt
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the same predicament! Ordered and paid for supposedly a cordless chain saw, what i was sent was this little piece of wire with a loop on each end! This was shipped out of Los Angeles, CA. I entered a dispute thru paypal, paypal ruled in the sellers favor. I was told to ship item "back to china" at my expense! The item cost $24+, it was going to cost me $18 to ship to China and IT WOULD NOT ARRIVE BY THE DEADLINE STATED BY SELLER TO EVEN GET A REFUND!! This is the 3rd thing we have ordered from "ads" on FACEBOOK and got scammed! I won't order anything any longer. Paypal DOES NOT support the buyer in these scams either. ONLY THE CROOKED SCAMMING FOREIGN SELLER!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SewShine 

Paypal will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.