Is there any real "protection" through PayPal? The "Resolution Center" seems to be a joke!

GrantRCanada
Contributor
Contributor

I am currently fuming over a small, but very annoying, PayPal problem I have.  I ordered a relatively inexpensive item online and paid through PayPal, but I received a completely different (and MUCH shoddier) product.  After rejecting offers of partial refunds (first 20%, then 40%) to keep the junk I was sent, I was offered a "full refund" provided I first returned the item to them at my personal expense!  This appears to be a completely outrageous "bait and switch" seller, who sends essentially worthless products and then can't really lose no matter what option the purchaser opts for.  I accordingly opened a claim in the "Resolution Center" - making it clear that having to return the item (with tracking) at my expense is not acceptable to me.  The seller has responded in the Resolution Center with precisely the same offer - with the return address now being given as China ... even though I still have the packaging the item came in ... which clearly shows that it was mailed to me from Markham, Ontario!    Although the cost of returning the item, with tracking, will eat up a significant portion of any refund I ultimately receive (... not to be paid until the seller confirms receipt of the returned goods, so who knows how long that might be, if it EVER happens ...) the Resolution Center page gives me NO ALTERNATIVE but to accept and comply with the Seller's offer, or the case will be closed!  What a joke!   I have used the "Contact Us" options to try to pursue this with PayPal, without any success so far. Although i have been using PayPal off and on for years, I am certainly less than impressed with the "protection" it offers (this is not my first rodeo with them.)  I have no doubt tht there are many of you who have had similar rxperiences ... is there any further recourse? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.