Is there an attorney that can help get the funds released from my closed account sooner?

loba
Contributor
Contributor

I already sent a complaint to my state attorney general online, but I was wondering is it possible to fight this in court. Paypal refuses to give me my money. They said I have to wait 180 days. They closed a previous account but I was able to get a check. While the account was open, they placed my account under review when I tried to transfer the money to my bank. 

I have a new account open and I transferred the money to my bank, but its being held under review, although I suspect they might close it. How do I get a subpoena? I called lawyers in my local area and so far I haven't heard of anyone who does it? Can I send a subpoena without a lawyer?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loba 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

• Hold the balance in your Cash Account, the balance in your business PayPal account, or any money waiting to be claimed through your personal PayPal account if you do not have a Cash Account linked to your personal PayPal account, for up to 180 days if reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability or if you have violated our Acceptable Use Policy;

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@loba 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

• Hold the balance in your Cash Account, the balance in your business PayPal account, or any money waiting to be claimed through your personal PayPal account if you do not have a Cash Account linked to your personal PayPal account, for up to 180 days if reasonably needed to protect against the risk of liability or if you have violated our Acceptable Use Policy;

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.