Is there an appeal process for disputes?

fesser
Contributor
Contributor

I disputed a charge due to not receiving a purchased item. I tried contacting the seller but they do not reply to emails and their phone number is apparently to somewhere in China.  In my complaint to Payapl, I stated that UPS had confirmed via telephone that the package associated with the shipping tracking number was not shipped to me or my address. Paypal's "Investigator" never bothered to confirm this and sided with the seller. A shipping transaction number means nothing if Paypal doesn't confirm that it was associated with the buyer. The case was closed with no apparent method of appeal. That is not customer service. Is my only recourse through my credit card company? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @fesser 

Thank you for posting here in our community forum.  As to your question "Is there an appeal process for disputes?"  yes, there is a an appeal.  This could be requested and process by buyer through our customer service only as there is no option for you to file a dispute in Resolution Center.  It's a good to know that you already secure the UPS document that is vital in processing an appeal.  Please try to contact our customer service, All you have to do is go to our PayPal website at the bottom click the contact option besides help, once you click  "contact" it will route you to the page that say “Contact Us” click that and there will be options provided.

If it's still no response, then let's wait until our phone line becomes available. I hope i was able to assist you on your concern. Thank you for your patience and keep safe!

**** If you find my post very helpful enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

fesser
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the information on how to proceed.  I will probably just try to get my credit card company to take action since I can't speak to anyone at Paypal by phone.  Part of my frustration with trying to deal with this via email is my concern that no one is actually reading what I write.  Even you referred to a "document" when I clearly wrote that UPS confirmed that I was not the recipient "via telephone", therefore I have no document.  I also suspect that getting something in writing from UPS is not likely to happen, especially since I am not the name of the person associated with the UPS tracking number that the seller provided to me and to Paypal.  That is the point of the whole dispute.  They gave a tracking number that was for something that was shipped to someone else, somewhere else, not me.  I fail to see how Paypal can say they are investigating when they don't even attempt to confirm the most basic part of the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.