Is there a PayPal payment method without the ability for buyer to retract the payment?

DeadNormal
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a bunch of things I'd like to sell on Gumtree and I'm looking for a reliable method to accept digital payments. As all items will be sold locally I won't have any records of exchange (selling or shipping receipts etc.) I need a payment method that is an equivalent of cash in hand.

I'm a bit conffused by the number of options PayPal provides. Here's my simple dumb question — is there a way to receive a payment without buyer having an option to retract it?

Gumtree (and other less trackable market places) is full of scammers and I would like to protect myself as much as possible avoiding retractions, disputes or claims of any kind.

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DeadNormal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link!

From what I understood the short answer would be "NO"

"PayPal seller protection does not apply to Claims, Chargebacks and/or Reversals for the reason that the purchase was Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) nor for items that you deliver or are picked up in person."

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DeadNormal

That depends on many factors all listed in Paypals seller protection policy for you to read and then risk assess your transactions.

Legal bottom of page > user agreement > seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DeadNormal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the link!

From what I understood the short answer would be "NO"

"PayPal seller protection does not apply to Claims, Chargebacks and/or Reversals for the reason that the purchase was Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) nor for items that you deliver or are picked up in person."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.