Is <removed> real?

HasanOsi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

someone bought one of my jackets i have on ebay and she wanted me to buy addiontal Steam Wallet Gift cards (500€).
There was a "Important Note" at the bottom saying : "Important Note: We currently put the funds on hold for seller and buyer protection until you email us receipt and picture of the gift card as proof Thank you for using PayPal service."
On an email i got seconds after it said "Please note that our verification center department is awaiting to receive the card codes details proof from you. We assure you that once everything has been verified, we will send you a confirmation email concerning the transaction"
So if i send a picture of the Gift cards, the receipt and the code of the gift cards i would get the money. That made me a little suspicoius

Would be great if you could help me out.
Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Nick

Hi @HasanOsi,

This is definitely fraudulent and these emails were not sent by PayPal. Please do not send gift cards. We'd never ask you to do that. You'll always be able to see PayPal payments in your account even if they are on hold by us. Generally, we request you to upload tracking information and release the funds 1 day after delivery. If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service. You can find our contact information at the bottom of any www.PayPal.com web page by clicking "Contact."

~Nick

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Nick

Hi @HasanOsi,

This is definitely fraudulent and these emails were not sent by PayPal. Please do not send gift cards. We'd never ask you to do that. You'll always be able to see PayPal payments in your account even if they are on hold by us. Generally, we request you to upload tracking information and release the funds 1 day after delivery. If you need any further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to our customer service. You can find our contact information at the bottom of any www.PayPal.com web page by clicking "Contact."

~Nick
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.