Is <removed> legit

Pagebypage
New Community Member

My mom saw rugs on Facebook and wants one but I dont think this site is legit. Address is a dropbox in Houston. No reviews separate than the onsite ones. They say they are BBB but BBB has nobody named that in their data bank. I think all of this means they are a scam. But my mom...well she wants that rug.she cant afford to be spending ss on scams. Thanks peeps!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pagebypage 

Facebook does not vet sellers and a lot of the time its Chinese tat, easy to spot so buyer beware..........

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great items at 'bargain' prices ie tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Suzy333
This place is a total scam site. The return price to Hong Kong is outrageous and they advertise they’re in Houston. I was extremely disappointed when paypal said I had to pay the return shipping to HK. I didn’t buy it there! Scammers!
Login to Me Too

Terry210
Contributor
Contributor

Azcozy is a fabricated online store that uses work from artists for their product without permission.  Their images are a copyright infringement.  Images are stollen.  They do not reply to their customer contact email form.

Login to Me Too

Mesamel
New Community Member
I too thought the sunflower "rug" looked beautiful...I ordered 2 ..9×7 feet....these are at best MATS! There us NO nap or YARN at all..the look like something you would put in a playroom...and yes..tried returning..only to be advised they would have to be mailed back to Hong Kong for a full refund of $217.00....well that's not happening..the postage would exceed what i paid for these....so PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY!
Login to Me Too

Sheepdog_mama
New Community Member
Azcozy is a scam business that charges your card the day you submit the order but then don’t ship for weeks and weeks even if they promise a 4-6 day shipment when you place the order. Even though you are ordering a rug from a picture they will try to scam you and say its a “custom rug”. Also if you go to the website the customer reviews are fake—as a customer you can’t submit a review so the reviews aren’t submitted online. If you go to other review sites people complain about the product. Even though it has a Texas business address all returns must be shipped back to China at your expense. If you go to their website they have all kinds of scam policies to prevent returns and returning your money. I don’t understand why the merchant processors like VISA and PayPal don’t pull the plug on this bad actor. They also do business online under other names so research a site before you ever place an online order or you may be wasting of your dollars on crap products that you cannot return and you cannot cancel the order and get your money back.
Login to Me Too

OldMoriarty11
New Community Member
Well, I feel like I am picking on a bit given a the bad reviews already on here. I will say that I have less issue with the product as with the service. I received my package from AZCozy about 3 weeks after ordering. I feel like this was reasonably consistent with what I was promised. It was packaged folded in a small bag despite being a 5'x8' rug. It is thin and not super high quality, but what are you expecting? It was a 40 sq.ft. rug for less than $100. I can't say that I'm upset with the quality. I pretty much knew what I was getting there. Now, to the service... I received the wrong rug. It was part of the same collection (Dungeons and Dragons themed map rugs) but was not the rug I wanted. I asked them how to get the rug I ordered. They asked for pictures and them no response for several days. When I reached out again, they told me that they were out of stock of the rug I wanted so they could not give it to.me. they offered me a 50% refund on a product that I didn't want! Or, I could ship it to China and they would refund my purchase price, less shipping. So, I would likely pay more to ship it back than to keep it. I opted for the 50% refund and will try to find a buyer to recoup some of my costs. They did promptly refund my 50% (again, less shipping). I can't be firmer in my recommendation to avoid this company. They just don't get it. I won't call them a scam, but if they are not a scam, they are horrible business folks.
Login to Me Too

Stevesedlock
Contributor
Contributor
This company is a scam!!! Ordered quilts. Didn't even need to open the package to know it was a fraud. Way to light like it contained an old bedsheet. So angry at myself for not checking it out first.
Login to Me Too

Stevesedlock
Contributor
Contributor
This company is a scam!!! Ordered quilts. Didn't even need to open the package to know it was a fraud. Way too light like it contained an old bedsheet. So angry at myself for not checking it out first.
Login to Me Too

Terry210
Contributor
Contributor

They have stolen at least one of my works to put on rugs.  They are infringing copyrights.  They do not respond to email.  They are a fake company with a fake storefront and home address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.