Is it safe to close the dispute?

biyanwa_
New Community Member

I requested a refund about 45 minutes after ordering because I found out the site’s trustpilot reviews were super dodgy, which they tried to persuade me not to do and ignored me, and i opened a dispute. They told me that they would send me a refund and asked me to close the dispute but I said I would close it after I receive my refund. They sent me an image saying my name, temporary hold, the purchase date and amount, and a button saying ‘archive’. They also told me my payment is frozen, asking me to confirm with paypal, etc. Is it safe to close the dispute or should i still wait?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@biyanwa_ 

Which dispute did you open?

If it was non receipt then they may still send the item trackable and you would lose the dispute.

If not as described dispute then you would have to send it back first before getting a refund.

If you filed unauthorised then that is telling paypal you were hacked and did not make the transaction and as you did make the transaction they would close the dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.