Is it possible to CALL Paypal - to actually SPEAK with a human being?

claytonking
Contributor
Contributor

I have been working on a disputed transaction through the resolution center without "appropriate" resolution. It's not the amount of the transaction, but the principle of the situation. I got taken by a vendor who was apparently not properly vetted through paypal. One transaction on my personal account and one transaction on my business account; the business transaction was reversed; the personal one was not. This is really unsettling.

And this is the transcript from the Paypal Assistant...

-----

Hi, I'm the PayPal Assistant. How can I help? Choose one of these options or add your question below.

6:52 AM

- PayPal Assistant

Transaction Status

I found the last 20 transactions on your account.

Please select the transaction you would like to get help with.

- PayPal Assistant

Transaction ID: 02D72584TN3332310

Amount: - $39.95
Date: MAR 14, 2021

How can I help with this transaction? Please choose an option below.

6:53 AM

- PayPal Assistant

None of these

Sorry, I'm not trained to solve your problem right now, but I'm learning new things every day. Please try rephrasing the question.

- PayPal Assistant

This transaction was disputed because of fraud. The case was "resolved" in favor of the seller and should not have been. How can I SPEAK with someone from paypal as this needs to be revisited.

6:54 AM

It looks like you want to report an unauthorized transaction, is that correct?

- PayPal Assistant

No

All our agents are currently offline. Please try again during business hours.

6:54 AM-

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@claytonking 

Go to the Resolution Center, look up the transaction to open a dispute, then escalate to PayPal claim when possible.

Or

Go to the gethuman website and look up PayPal for contact numbers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Juan-Paixao
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that there is no one alive at Paypal... I've tried to get a replay to my messages for 4 months... It smells like Paypal will fail as many other payment gateway... Be prudent 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.