Is it possible PayPal escalate my claim without my choice?

Harry9607

Sorry for my bad English, it is my second language. 

Today I opened dispute to the seller to get refund(Item not received), I added image attachments in the case but whenever I click the images I upload, it lead me to Page saying "Please try again We're sorry, it looks like something went wrong on our end."

So I contacted PayPal through Message Center, asked them to fix my problem I am having.

The person in the message center said "Kindly just upload the documents on this thread and we'll be the one to put it on the case. For us to interfere on the case, it needs to be escalated into a claim.", so I added the attachments to the chat, and asked them to send me an message after put my attachments in to my case. 

Few hours later, another person sent me message "Thank you for the information. Upon checking here, You still haven't escalated the case yet to PayPal. Its still under a buyer and seller conversation" with introduction how to escalate the case. Which it is not related to what I asked for. 

I was a bit upset at this moment, because I explained them few times the problem I was having. I sent this :

"Kindly just upload the documents on this thread and we'll be the one to put it on the case. For us to interfere on the case, it needs to be escalated into a claim."

Do I have to escalate my case to PayPal to fix the problem I am having??
Please, I know how to escalate to PayPal. Do not need to tell me again.
My images in my case is not working, and I just need them to work!!"

After that, another person messaged me : 
"I have gone ahead and escalated the case # PP-D-XXXXXXXX for $ 280.00. You will receive an email shortly confirming that your case has been escalated. I have uploaded all the documents into your case. I do show that your uploads are also in your case. Please keep an eye on your emails if there any case updates or any additional information we may need we will reach out to you via email."

I just wanted my images in my case to work, but instead fixing that PayPal escalated my case without my choice. I also got an email that "You have escalated this problem to a claim" 

Is this possible to happen? I was going to escalate my case after seller's respond, but this never happened to me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.