Is it likely that someone who wants to commit a fraud can send bogus tracking information as proof?

sshaikh11
New Community Member

So I purchased a kitchen appliance from what I thought was a legitimate vendor.  But suspicions were raised when I never received any kind of a purchase confirmation email from them or shipment tracking information.  I tried emailing the vendor, but I did receive a response of any kind.

So I raised a dispute on paypal against the vendor.  They then provided the shipment information to paypal, which only detailed a package being delivered to my general zipcode, no mention of my actual address.  And it stated that it was delivered to my mailbox.  Which is interesting, because my mailbox is one of those neighborhood mailboxes that is located across the street from me and where everyone has a small cubbyhole to receive packages no larger than the size of a shoebox.  And the item I purchased was 10 times larger than that.

I wanted to respond to the vendor's claims that they did ship the item to me.  But I could not find on where paypal's site I could do so.  So anyway, time expired and paypal issued a judgement in the vendor's favor.

I would like to know if something of this nature has happened to them and how did they handle it?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.