Is it likely I will be refunded if I open up a dispute?

BlueFan1986
New Community Member

Hey everyone,

In December of last year, I hired several artists at the same time to work on a project for me. I thought all of them had signed their contracts, but they hadn't, and I ended up sending a 50% deposit of $500 to the one who hadn't signed his contract yet. 

The one who hadn't signed his contract yet promptly disappeared. I have spoken with him a few times since then, and he always has some ridiculous excuse for why he hasn't started with the project yet. This past time, he claimed to have "a quarter of it finished," but didn't show me anything. He was going to show it to me as soon as he "got back to his computer" that night. Well, that night came and went--two weeks ago.

I have emailed him twice since then, and got no response even though I've seen him popping online on Skype, so I know he's alive. 

If I open up a dispute, how likely is it to get resolved in my favor even though he hadn't signed a contract? (He did send me an invoice, which I paid, which clearly states that it's a deposit etc.) I don't want to file a dispute only to have it denied and make him angry, which could result in him delivering subpar artwork to get back at me. I'm picturing stick figures... 

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @BlueFan1986,

I understand how frustrating it can be for a seller to not deliver once you've paid them. If you file a dispute, based on how you've described the situation, it's unlikely you'll receive the artwork in the end. I would still advise filing the dispute to attempt to get a refund. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.